HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Yeah, this. 😊 I have to be conservative when I'm alone (and I hate it). When I was riding with these two lunatics, one thing brought me comfort - all 3 of us were in Talons, so, in effect, we were in 'spec' cars. If I just watched a guy do something insane in the same vehicle I'm driving, I KNOW THAT IT CAN BE DONE, all I have to do is copy him/them (it's one of my superpowers). :cool: That, and if I do tip over, someone is there to tip me back on my wheels.
[/QUOTE@]

@CID Haave you or any of your group of Talon owners ever experienced a disabling breakdown?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@HBarlow asked - "Have you or any of your group of Talon owners ever experienced a disabling breakdown?" (post 2660)

I cut a sidewall in Moab, chasing someone faster than myself and had to borrow his spare because I had left mine in camp due to their high weight and our planned extreme rock crawling angles and dropoffs. He carries his spare lying flat in the bed, where I have my TSC storage box full of gear.

I had a wheel bearing start to fail but caught it before it caused me any grief. The replacement exposed both rear hubs had corroded badly to the bearings, making removal of the LR hub fairly difficult. But this was handled at home, not a disabling breakdown.

Have any of you guys broken your Talon bad enough to be considered a disabling breakdown? (not sure I want to know, though :eek:)

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
@CID When I have read angry comments and criticism of Honda Talons or Pioneers I privately wonder about the operator's knowledge, skill, and attitude about the equipment.

I strongly believe that operators like you who know and understand, who are "tuned into" the sounds of the machine, are far less likely to experience equipment failure and disabling breakdowns.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@CID When I have read angry comments and criticism of Honda Talons or Pioneers I privately wonder about the operator's knowledge, skill, and attitude about the equipment.

I strongly believe that operators like you who know and understand, who are "tuned into" the sounds of the machine, are far less likely to experience equipment failure and disabling breakdowns.
Someone once called it 'mechanically sympathetic', that stuck with me because I'm a blue collar redneck and have to fix what I break. Some guys can break an anvil. :oops:

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Knoxville news reported this evening that closure and capping started today. It's been a open gas well since the late 60s. The pictures below are my 2 sons in 2002 and around July 1st of this year. Nothing but a memory now.
20201113 201639
20230627 191721

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
View attachment 396270
Knoxville news reported this evening that closure and capping started today. It's been a open gas well since the late 60s. The pictures below are my 2 sons in 2002 and around July 1st of this year. Nothing but a memory now.
View attachment 396271View attachment 396272
Well that sucks!!
What are they capping it off?? Is it a safety thing or are they just pissed off they're not charging people🙄 or is it too much environmental pollution? 🙄

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well that sucks!!
What are they capping it off?? Is it a safety thing or are they just pissed off they're not charging people🙄 or is it too much environmental pollution? 🙄
Idk. Probably from all the gay unprotected butt sex all those Yankees have when they're down here riding. Too much semen in the creeks.

advertisement
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well that sucks!!
They are capping the well that the gas is coming from that fuels thr eternal Flame. Over 50 years of burning and now it's a problem.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Idk. Probably from all the gay unprotected butt sex all those Yankees have when they're down here riding. Too much semen in the creeks.
Figures 🙄

So they've been talking about it for 2 years eh?......🤔 Didn't the KRX come out about 2 years ago 😬.....😂😂😂

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They are capping the well that the gas is coming from that fuels thr eternal Flame. Over 50 years of burning and now it's a problem.
This morning on the news they said it was closed until August 14th. I'm not sure if they are capping it off or just gonna change the trail going in, so you don't have to cross the creek so many times. Guess I will find out in August. I'm sick of all the fake news.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
This morning on the news they said it was closed until August 14th. I'm not sure if they are capping it off or just gonna change the trail going in, so you don't have to cross the creek so many times. Guess I will find out in August. I'm sick of all the fake news.
I like riding through the creeks. It was a good way to clean under the buggy

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!