P1000 Shout out to @AZRocks for windshield fix!

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I have been aggravated with the gap between the top of the SATV windshield and roof since I installed it. I’ve tried a pool noodle, pipe insulation, towels, and a combination of the three. The combo kept the wind and rain out, but made the flip out windshield a mess to try to flip out. You were always having to readjust and replace. Plus it looked like crap.

I was ready to just sell it and get a Honda windshield that matched the contour of the roof honestly.

Stumbled across a thread that showed the engineering prowess of @AZRocks. I decided to give it a try. I ordered up about $45 worth of material and got to work.

This fits like a glove! SUPERATV should buy the template from @AZRocks and include this piece with the windshield.

Thank you for the template and thanks to those that have posted it. I can finally use my windshield they was it was made to be used!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been aggravated with the gap between the top of the SATV windshield and roof since I installed it. I’ve tried a pool noodle, pipe insulation, towels, and a combination of the three. The combo kept the wind and rain out, but made the flip out windshield a mess to try to flip out. You were always having to readjust and replace. Plus it looked like crap.

I was ready to just sell it and get a Honda windshield that matched the contour of the roof honestly.

Stumbled across a thread that showed the engineering prowess of @AZRocks. I decided to give it a try. I ordered up about $45 worth of material and got to work.

This fits like a glove! SUPERATV should buy the template from @AZRocks and include this piece with the windshield.

Thank you for the template and thanks to those that have posted it. I can finally use my windshield they was it was made to be used!

Do you have a link for the post? Thanks.

Reactions: Ultrasonic1
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I really don't see a need for a full windshield unless it's raining or hailing and listening to @Pilgram whine about the rain and hail, The full flip out wind shield doesn't deflect wind with the windshield open, the shortie Kolpin did and the flip up is terrible in the tight woods.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Do you have a link for the post? Thanks.

Post #12... works like a charm.

Let me know if you you have any questions. I can let you know the order in which I stuck the tape etc. Turned out real good and worked out good...

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I really don't see a need for a full windshield unless it's raining or hailing and listening to @Pilgram whine about the rain and hail, The full flip out wind shield doesn't deflect wind with the windshield open, the shortie Kolpin did and the flip up is terrible in the tight woods.

We ride year round in KY. We have been on night rides in temps as low as 15 degrees. That isn't happening without a windshield for me. Let alone my woman who's thermostat is wired up backwards, lol. I paid $600 for a set of upper doors for this buggy. with the gap between the roof and windshield, they are useless. We ride a lot of spring and fall nights that fall into the 30's and 40's. 40 degree nights can be ridden comfortably with a t-shirt or sweat shirt and a pair of pants with the windshield/roof gap closed and the doors and back panel, given the amount of heat the 1000 puts into the cab.

I've turkey hunted this spring with morning temps in the low 30's where I've wanted the windshield closed and doors on. Then, in the afternoon, temps have risen to upper 50's. The versatility of the windshield allows me to open it in seconds and cool off. I don't have to fool with rolling the windows down or opening the back panel.

May not be the case everywhere, but the buggy would be useless to me without a full windshield. I would just ride my four-wheeler if i didn't have the windshield, lol. Well, maybe not, but the full windshield is definitely a game changer. I've said before that I wouldn't have a SxS without a roof and windshield. Now to fix all the air coming in around the shifters....

That's what makes the SATV windshiled the best of both worlds to me. When you need it, close it. When it gets hot, flip it open and it isn't there. I was initially worried that I would hang it on branches and stuff in the open position, but 821 miles in, that has proven to be a non issue.

Thanks again @AZRocks for the template and idea. Very satisfied with the set up now.

Can't say enough about the usefulness of this site! Y'all are great!

Reactions: Ultrasonic1
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Post #12... works like a charm.

Let me know if you you have any questions. I can let you know the order in which I stuck the tape etc. Turned out real good and worked out good...
Thanks, not sure how I missed that one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!