Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Seems like questions on dash layouts, switches, and electrical mods, many examples scattered around, so making this thread for one place to help give others some ideas and to plan ahead before cutting holes.

2 rocker switches, USB/voltmeter, and battery charging socket. Not as fancy as some, but works Ok. Power taken from OEM sub harness. 6 gauge wire and terminals added under hood.

F1333358 CA75 41A9 AAE2 144C0905EE4D

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Reactions: trigger
C

Chooglin

Nice! I thought about mounting the battery switch where you mounted yours but mounting location for the aux battery was limited! Looks good! What is that monitor? GPSo_O
I had a rear view camera/mirror but I removed it because the camera was always fogging up.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Boiler363

Boiler363

Dec 25, 2018
Hecker IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought a soundbar a couple weeks ago and it came with the 12V cig lighter plug in. Hated to use that so since I'm trying to keep the P5 minimal after going all out on the previous P1K-5 I just took it straight to the battery.
Well apparently there's continuous draw when off so out of pure laziness and creativity I decided that the passenger head rest looked like a really nice spot for switched power lol.
My winch and 2.5" cube lights are on the dash but I don't intend to add more. The battery terminals aren't anywhere near cluttered so I just couldn't see why I need the headache of running the switch to the dash.....I mean really it's pretty sweet and easy to find in the dark!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!