Silent Rider muffler problem

Weber-dcoe

Weber-dcoe

Feb 4, 2018
Northern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
I installed a Silent Rider extra muffler on my 2014 pioneer 700 and have had problems with the 3 bolts falling out within my ride thru the trail & woods. I have slightly increased the length of these 6.0 mm bolts without better results. I'm fixin' on adding Locktite to remedy this problem. Whadda ya think ?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don’t have any experience with this muffler but I do have experience with bolts coming loose, and my recommendation would be loctite as you mentioned

B

bdk437

May 11, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yea, just use BLUE loctite... The muffler also slid off the base so I had to spot weld too. No issues now. Im happy with it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!