simple directionals

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
this was on the bumper post but im moving it here. I used a simple flasher from advanced auto parts. small led maker lights from ebay and a duel poll double throw rocker switch. I just noticed I need to add the terminal numbers for the flasher to the diagram. I will do it tomorrow the viso file is at work. you can use any light led or not. I was going to use the rear tail lights but needed relays and would have to find a good place for them. ok I got lazy.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/trid ... al+flasher
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-3-4-1-LED-Ma ... dd&vxp=mtr

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    112 KB · Views: 527
spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
Yes I just hve to label the flash or if some one gets one just ask.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
up dated diagram. the other one was so I would not have to think when I got home this one will probably fill in the blanks.

Attachments

• turn signals.jpg
    turn signals.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 470
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I tried this today just on the bench and I can't get the lights to flash. I used the same flasher and did the same wiring but for some reason the lights won't flash and they come on steady but very dim [you can hardly see that there on. I did buy some penny led clearance lights not the same ones that you did. Bought mine at Princess Auto for in Manitoba.Also have the DPDT switch. I don't understand why they only barely glow and don't flash.When I hook the lights to the battery there nice and bright. I don't want to drill holes etc and mount stuff if I'am not able to get them working on the bench.What am I doing wrong.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Did some more checking today and here's what I found out. The power going to the lights from the switch is only 4 volts so this is why the lights are dim. [The power coming from the battery is 12 volts] . Wonder if the flasher I got is faulty.It doesn't flash either.The flasher doesn't look quite right the one side of it isn't snapped down into the outer cover and even when I push on it I can't get it to fit into the outer cover properly.So going to take the flasher back and see if they will get me a different one.Guess I'll have to wait untill I get a different flasher to try it again.Hopefully it will work with a new flasher.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
After trying again today I still couldn't get the lights to come on very bright and they still wouldn't flash. I hooked everything up like what the diagram says but they wouldn't work on the bench. So because it had me bugged I went and looked on the internet for the wiring diagrams of this flasher and I soon found the problem. No doubt its just a simple mistake in Spifyd post but it sure screwed me up for awhile. Anyway all thats wrong is that the B terminal = battery the E terminal = earth [grd] and the L terminal = lights. once I hooked them up this way there working like there supposed to. When you see this post Spifyd change your diagram and I'll try and delete the ones that I've put in here.Not meaning to step on your toes or anything like that,just trying to make it easier for anyone else who is wanting to does this mod.I enjoy all your posts and reading about what your doing.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
that would have been my guess when you rote the first post. see I just had to get you to commit to the project. lol thanks for the corrections.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!