P500 Slime me question!!! (Poll)

Slime!?!

• Total voters
J

Jshell3

So a poll... Mostly because I love new topics... (even if this topic is as old as Methuselah... I heard he Slimed filled his jackass's hooves)

Slime gave my old dry rotted Wooly-Boogers new life from a slow leak... seriously 20 year old tires. Rock solid and still in use on my Rancher today! Full of cracks, but I haven't added air in MONTHS...
I think the stuff is unbelievable. My dad swears by it.

I watched some stuff comparing Slime with Fix-a-Flat. Basically, a tie from the YouTube videos. <---- Watch a well done side by side comparison video.

Of course, I'm talking that big jug of Slime, not under pressure, that you put in the tires preventative... and a lot of it, per tire. (That fixed my Woolies)

But to the counter point... that stuff makes a mess on the inside of the tire. A mess you can't see, and one that causes the tire guy to curse you under his breath when he breaks the bead that splatters over front of his shirt... Somebody's got to clean that mess up.

So I ask you

Do you even Slime, Bro?

IMG 2198 IMG 2201

Last edited by a moderator:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
For me, I only do once its needed. Not before.
Once I get a slow leak or a flat I will.
I havent done my 1000 yet.

Reactions: trigger
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer put it in my tires when I bought my P1K5. It wasnt slime though.. believe it was called quad boss. Supposed to be so good if I ruin a tire with it in there they will replace it for free. We shall see.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Jshell3 and rocmar
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've got it in one of the rear tires on the P1000. I thought it would be out of balance and I'd have to clean it out but it's been fine so I'll leave it.

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

Reactions: Jshell3
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Used Slime in every ATV/UTV
MACHINE...I've ever owned.
where I ride...if ya dont..your fixing
a flat....every mile...riding on
your wheels...swear by it....
Never....walked home cause
of flat

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
So a poll... Mostly because I love new topics... (even if this topic is as old as Methuselah... tho, I heard he Slimed his jackass's hooves)

Slime gave my old dry rotted Wooly-Boogers new life from a slow leak... seriously 20 year old tires. Rock solid and still in use on my Rancher today! Full of cracks, but I haven't added air in MONTHS...

I watched some stuff comparing Slime with Fix-a-Flat. Basically, a tie from the YouTube videos. <---- Watch a well done side by side comparison video.

Of course, I'm talking that big jug of Slime, not under pressure, that you put in the tires preventative... and a lot of it, per tire. (That fixed my Woolies)

But to the counter point... that stuff makes a mess on the inside of the tire. A mess you can't see, and one that causes the tire guy to curse you under his breath when he breaks the bead that splatters over front of his shirt... Somebody's got to clean that mess up.

So I ask you

Do you even Slime, Bro?

View attachment 23807 View attachment 23808
Tire guys are always
grime eeeeeee.any way
it's the TIRE GUY

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Hey....Hey
just thought about this
& I've never taken a
utv/ atv.....to tire guy.
Buy that time...wheels
are scuffed up..tires
bald....I put in paper...
sell for wat I can get.......
order....new ones.....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Then ya get a new look...
& them p5...."17"....ain't
Got s*** ....on me. ...
HAHAHAHA. ...
ps.we found out they
where"BADASS"machines
before you did......

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
So a poll... Mostly because I love new topics... (even if this topic is as old as Methuselah... tho, I heard he Slimed his jackass's hooves)

So I ask you

Do you even Slime, Bro?

Dude....tell your Dad he knows
wat he's talkin about....& enjoy
your rides with him.....cause
I miss it....& envy you....
Ride Safe.....

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

So I ask you

Do you even Slime, Bro?

In the Midwest we have a problem with multiflora rose.If you drive over one of these bushes in the winter when they are frozen ,you will have a dozen or more thorns in a tire and they all go deep enough to put a hole in that leaks air ,you can't pull them out, they will just break off, put slime in the tire and it seals the holes,I will notice small wet spots on the tire but they don't leak air.I don't ride without slime and an air compressor

Reactions: rocmar and Jshell3
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't used it on my P1K yet but both front tires on my tractor have it in them.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Slime or Not:::::: depends
on where you ride.

S

shep

Dec 17, 2015
Don't have 2x2 yet, but my 2013 Foreman has slime in all 4 since new. I prospect in AZ and pick up cactus tines all the time. Had no problems yet.

Reactions: rocmar and Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Thank you Shep.

Welcome to the forum! There's another guy on here that (up until recently) is a member with no SxS... However, he managed to guilt a dealership into throwing a Camo17 his way... (something about tires/roof?) He is proof that dreams DO come true!
Then, right after his dream came true, he tried to burn his face off.
Lol.

And you and I are in agreement. It's never too soon to Slime your tires!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thank you Shep.

Welcome to the forum! There's another guy on here that (up until recently) is a member with no SxS... However, he managed to guilt a dealership into throwing a Camo17 his way... (something about tires/roof?) He is proof that dreams DO come true!
Lol.

That's funny dude!! Give him hell.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you Shep.

Lol.

THAT'S FUNNY s***....

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
There is a category of people (maybe I'm the only one) that you left off.

I believe in the slime but haven't actually bought any. I will probably need it one day and after that I'll always carry some.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
There is a category of people (maybe I'm the only one) that you left off.

I believe in the slime but haven't actually bought any. I will probably need it one day and after that I'll always carry some.

Carry it....on the inside of your tires

J

Jshell3

$24.88 for the Gallon and free prime shipping...

---> HERE <---

And... a little 30 video that pretty much Explains it...

IMG 2303

Reactions: joeymt33
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Exact same price as Walmart.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!