P1000 Snorkel list

A

angus56

Nov 14, 2016
North Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just wadded up that pre filter and shoved in the PVC and secured it with a couple wires...Some are running filters my .02 is its not necessary your still flowing through the filter in the airbox . I do recommend the pre filter to keep out the large debris.
So with the foam pre filter stuck in the end of the hose is there an actual air filter past That? If so where is it.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So with the foam pre filter stuck in the end of the hose is there an actual air filter past That? If so where is it.
Under a black plastic cover behind the front middle seat, several screws to get it off.

J

JTW

It's kind of a pain in the ass to get to.. I'm not real impressed with the design.

IMG 2434

Reactions: sharp
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Here's the other snorkel head and the quick release clamp I put on it.

View attachment 31944

what grommet did you use on the hood? custom or find one made for 3"

also when cutting the hole, did you measure up and over for center, or is there something on the bottom of the hood that shows center of intake.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

also when cutting the hole, did you measure up and over for center, or is there something on the bottom of the hood that shows center of intake.
Some one said they used a solo cup. Put it in the intake and had either a small flash light or laser pointer in the center of the cup. Put hood on and Mark and drill where the light hits

J

JTW

I use daily a piece of hose and split it..

I took the hood off and put the aluminum snorkel pipe on.. I then took a level and used it to make whiteness marks on the plastic outside of where the hood goes by placing it on each side of the pipe. That formed a square where the intake would come thru the hood. I put the hood back on and marked my square.. take the hood off and use a 3" hole saw to cut your hole.. remember that the pipe goes the the hood at and angle, so you want to cut it as such.

Does that make sense?

IMG 1747 IMG 1785 IMG 1787 IMG 2080

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think i know what your talking about. thanks!

advertisement
DMH

DMH

May 9, 2017
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The noise isn't bad at all, it actually sounds pretty cool especially on take off.
Thanks, Wanting to avoid the " That's loud! I don't like that." from the wife as she stare's at it from the passenger seat. :D

Reactions: Nipper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!