P500 Snorkel Question

Anthony_J

Anthony_J

Jul 6, 2015
Hi, Ive been looking fiercely through the snorkel threads for my p500 and need some clarification. My first question is: I know that the crank case has a vent hose that needs to be properly vented, Im just unsure where it is. The only thing I can see is a hose that goes to the airbox and I just need to know 100% that is the case before I get a bunch of crap in my crankcase when I go into something deep :-( And besides that heres what I have vented: front rear diffs, cooling fan vent, fuel vent, intake. Any input would be appreciated I don't want to leave any stone unturned!

Reactions: JTW
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi @Anthony_J,
That vent is the crank case breather. the one going into the side of the air box. this is the path water takes to get into the oil when/if you sink it. As long as you have the air box sealed up well then it is good. You listed most all the vents. Some people also do the coolant overflow but I have never done it on my rigs.
When you get done please post a few pictures, We would love to see how you chose to build your snorkel.
Thanks.

Reactions: JTW and Anthony_J
K

KevinP

Oct 3, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
There is a vent or drain that comes off the front of the engine by the oil filter dose this one need to be vented up as well

Anthony_J

Anthony_J

Jul 6, 2015
I never snorkelled it and haven't had any issues so far and I go pretty deep

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!