P500 Snorkel + Rear Panel = LOUD

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I snorkeled the P5 over the summer and this past weekend I put on the Tusk rear panel for the winter. Holy #$&@ was it loud inside the cab! I had to cut holes in the rear panel to get the snorkel openings back outside. I never considered there could be so much noise at the snorkel end...

Reactions: Rustell
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Did you retain the original sound chamber box that connects to the airbox or just connect your snorkel right to the airbox inlet?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Next time you are under there see if you can cut it in a few spots and vary the size of the ID, maybe a few larger sections a few inches long, that will reduce the standing wave and subsequent noise some. I left my sound chambers and it does not make any real noise to speak of.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!