Snorkel your atv

L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Or whatever snorkel you bought or homemade. Does everyone silicone their snorkel around the inlet or just tighten the hose clamp good? I just dont wanna suck in or splash water in the motor around connections.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Since the 3 hose clamps used on my snorkel clamp on to relatively thick and soft material, I didn't feel it necessary to use a sealant. If clamping on a hard, non compliant surface like an aluminum tube, then I would have. For example - I installed my own sprinkler system and used screw type hose clamps on all the fittings but the 1" poly hose is so thin that the hose clamps didn't seal well and many of them leak, not enough to matter but some do leak. Remember that the stock filter is backing up anything that gets through a snorkel system, mine was spotless at 1137 miles living behind the 3" Uni pod filter and I let the Uni get filthy before I cleaned it. 😊 That snorkel idea is linked in my sig, copied directly from HondaBob's idea for those that haven't seen it.

1137 miles, all with the Uni on a snorkel behind the passenger seat -

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!