P500 Snorkeled my p 500 today

J

Johnny5

Oct 15, 2016
Chatom Al
Ownership

1. 500
I think what your talking about is the air element which if I'm right is kinda like a mass air flow sensor it tells the computer the amount of air flow so it can adjust the fuel mixture and I left mine intact
Yeah I blew on that one so with further research it turns out to be a air temp sensor

kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Ok thanks, it looks like it is sealed on the inside of box but I wasn't sure if I should silicone around it

J

Johnny5

Oct 15, 2016
Chatom Al
Ownership

1. 500
Ok thanks, it looks like it is sealed on the inside of box but I wasn't sure if I should silicone around it
I did on mine and I was right on the function of the sensor just not the name lol and I'm resealing the intire box just to be on the safe side

Reactions: JTW
Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
Didn't hear any change in noise as far as performance it seems to have alittle better throttle response I'm going to put an hmf exhaust on it that I think in conjunction will waken it up a bit also I'm looking into jetting the carb I think it's the same carb as the 500 rubicon but I could be wrong so don't quote me there
Fuel injected

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I use a bit of grease on the lip of the airbox lid, it squishes out when I snap it in place and it prevents water from entering. And, its easy to remove and reseal that way.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just got it mocked up on my p5

View attachment 24325

Had a feeling this question would come up so after studying it for the last week here is my thoughts . I picked the triple stack in an effort to simulate the baffles in the stock snorkel . The extra fittings should create enough air turbulence for proper fuel mixture so that I could take the snorkel all the way to the air box instead of just cutting it in also I chose 1 1/2 pipe for the snorkel and adapted it up to 2" at the air box

View attachment 24326
that looks really cool! One of these days I'm going to have to get around to doing this... I have a back window, so I'm thinking I want to have the air inlet inside the cab.

Reactions: Bklynhomie
B

Bklynhomie

Oct 10, 2016
Cypress,tx
Ownership

1. 500
I use a bit of grease on the lip of the airbox lid, it squishes out when I snap it in place and it prevents water from entering. And, its easy to remove and reseal that way.
Does it matter what type of grease to use to help seal it?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Does it matter what type of grease to use to help seal it?
I have used axle grease once and then Vaseline another time. It really only needs enough to fill the channel in the lid so it squishes out just a little.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!