Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looking at this more. I just noticed the water pump is NOT serviceable.
I hope its built well.
HL44E0500

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Looking at this more. I just noticed the water pump is NOT serviceable.
I hope its built well.
View attachment 9236
I just saw this. My thoughts would be that it may need a rebuild before you ever got to the point of the water pump wearing out. I would think 60k+ miles should be no problem for a Honda water pump.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you use these Bellows, you do not need to extend the line. The only line that you will need to extend higher is the fuel tank breather hose. Do not use these Bellows for the fuel tank.

I use the Bellows on both differentials and transfer case and the box under the drivers side that holds the adjustment for the parking brake.

As for the airbox, it is fully sealed. You may be able to build a snorkel coming out of the airbox. However, the space was pretty limited back there. It was just very easy for me to cut a hole in the hood up front and put a snorkel on. That way, I can return my vehicle back to stock very easily if I ever need to.

The radiator fan motor is also vented. I lengthened the vent hose for it further up under the hood to prevent debris from ruining my fan motor.

Reactions: Scooterchris
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
If you use these Bellows, you do not need to extend the line. The only line that you will need to extend higher is the fuel tank breather hose. Do not use these Bellows for the fuel tank.

I use the Bellows on both differentials and transfer case and the box under the drivers side that holds the adjustment for the parking brake.

As for the airbox, it is fully sealed. You may be able to build a snorkel coming out of the airbox. However, the space was pretty limited back there. It was just very easy for me to cut a hole in the hood up front and put a snorkel on. That way, I can return my vehicle back to stock very easily if I ever need to.

The radiator fan motor is also vented. I lengthened the vent hose for it further up under the hood to prevent debris from ruining my fan motor.

Thank you. Is there a list somewhere of everything that needs to be vented farther up and where its located

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you. Is there a list somewhere of everything that needs to be vented farther up and where its located

If you don't see what you need in my build thread or @JACKAL build thread. Let me know and I will be glad to help.

As for the items that need to be snorkel, here are the ones that I know about:

Front diff
Rear diff
Sub trans
Fuel tank
Air intake
Parking brake adjustment box
Radiator fan motor

Bellows can be used on all of these things except for the air intake of course and the fuel tank. There is no problem extending the vent lines. I just chose to use the Bellows because it was easier and cleaner. However, they do cost more.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
If you don't see what you need in my build thread or @JACKAL build thread. Let me know and I will be glad to help.

Front diff
Rear diff
Sub trans
Fuel tank
Air intake
Radiator fan motor

Bellows can be used on all of these things except for the air intake of course and the fuel tank. There is no problem extending the vent lines. I just chose to use the Bellows because it was easier and cleaner. However, they do cost more.

Thank you. I will look his thread over and get with you if I need something else. Thanks buddy

advertisement
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015

Front diff
Rear diff
Sub trans
Fuel tank
Air intake
Radiator fan motor

Sub trans/transmission the same thing?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The transmissions and engine share the same case.

The subtrans or transfer case is separate. It's under the passenger front seat.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here's the pic of the vent for the subtrans.

E64fbc85495dea827e142f6fb49b3e21

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
The transmissions and engine share the same case.

The subtrans or transfer case is separate. It's under the passenger front seat.
So the transmission/engine vent line is the air filter snorkel im gonna build?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any pictures of the bellows on the diffs?
I just unplugged the existing vent line from the frame and used a reducing barb to connect the bellows to the existing vent hose. Then ziptied the barb/clamp section to the frame to keep the bellows from bouncing around or being crushed by the bed. Jackals build thread and joeymt33's traveler II build thread both have additional pics with potential other ways to do the diff bellows.
20160215 140443

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
I just unplugged the existing vent line from the frame and used a reducing barb to connect the bellows to the existing vent hose. Then ziptied the barb/clamp section to the frame to keep the bellows from bouncing around or being crushed by the bed. Jackals build thread and joeymt33's traveler II build thread both have additional pics with potential other ways to do the diff bellows.
View attachment 10379
Where is the cheapest place to find bellows? And can they get them to me before saturday?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!