Votes: 59 78.7%
  • no

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
What I did at the cup holder. Cut the bottom off the cup holder so it still snapped into place. Put a 2inch by 2 inch rubber connector halfway thru it. Pipes connect at the top and bottom very snug.

View attachment 1455680458614.jpg

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
2 inch by 2 inch rubber connector pvc glued into hole. (Pipe connector fits super tight. Prolly don't have to glue) used flat black for paint. 2 inch pipe used all the way around

View attachment 1455680851143.jpg

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
That's pretty clean. I've never messed with that pipe I'm curious if it would possibly bend if you were to heat it up.

Bonehead69

Bonehead69

Nov 4, 2015
That's pretty clean. I've never messed with that pipe I'm curious if it would possibly bend if you were to heat it up.
Yep we did one on my buddies Polaris. Was easy! use a heat gun takes a while but i looks smooth and clean!!!

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
Has anyone come up with a way to run the snorkel in the back coming up above the air box ? I haven't snorkeld anything in years but I always preferred for the intake to be in the middle of the bike incase just 1 side drops off into the deep .

Reactions: Scooterchris
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Has anyone come up with a way to run the snorkel in the back coming up above the air box ? I haven't snorkeld anything in years but I always preferred for the intake to be in the middle of the bike incase just 1 side drops off into the deep .

People have said from what I hear they have spent hours trying to snorkel it and get the bed to operate . If you never use your bed again yes you can snorkel straight from the back. My buddy did his

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
PSC Vent Bellow

$9 each x 3 $27 _ $33 Expidited Shipping = $60 total.
Says you can get them 2nd day air for $33

US $32.85 / United States / Expedited Shipping (UPS 2nd Day Air®) /Estimated within 3 business days

Jackal would you mind posting pictures of exactly where each vent line is. I see the fuel vent line tho.

I want to be clear on where the front diff, rear diff, sub trans, shift linkage I guess it's called and the radiator fan vent lines are. Also is there anything else I need to worry about like the radiator fluid overfill line? Can water come back up there and get inside?

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Or anyone for that could help me. It's much appreciated.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just FYI - I ordered 3 from PSC, but have a concern with them being so stiff. At 70 degrees, they are really pretty rigid. I have used the arctic cat ones before and from my memory, they were much more flexible. I'll be watching to see if anyone has any issues from the PSC bellows not expanding/contracting enough before I put them on mine.

Waylan

Since you mentioned this I do have a commentary on using these on the sub-transmission barb. I had run mine about 20 miles to get it all warmed up to change the oil, the heat that built up pressure by sealing it off with the bellow was enough to make the dipstick pop up a full 6 inches as I unscrewed it while the oil was hot (the engine was not running). I was surprised at this. Both differentials were fine as I immediately loosened the inspection caps to listed for air pressure being released. That being said I may seek an alternative by running a longer hose up the back of the seat. I don't believe it is not enough pressure to have seal issues but I was only riding in 50 degree weather for 30 minutes. An all day run in 90 degree heat may build up a bit more pressure than desired.

Reactions: Delton
HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Since you mentioned this I do have a commentary on using these on the sub-transmission barb. I had run mine about 20 miles to get it all warmed up to change the oil, the heat that built up pressure by sealing it off with the bellow was enough to make the dipstick pop up a full 6 inches as I unscrewed it while the oil was hot (the engine was not running). I was surprised at this. Both differentials were fine as I immediately loosened the inspection caps to listed for air pressure being released. That being said I may seek an alternative by running a longer hose up the back of the seat. I don't believe it is not enough pressure to have seal issues but I was only riding in 50 degree weather for 30 minutes. An all day run in 90 degree heat may build up a bit more pressure than desired.
Thanks for that info.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

This is great information. Thank you for posting this, I will also have to inspect this and may end up modifying just as you described.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wondered about that when I first read about someone using the bellows. But I've never snorkeled anything so kept my mouth shut. The bellows will expand to absorb the pressure, but the pressure is still there. Just my opinion, but I think I'll run longer lines and filter it at the top.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
This is great information. Thank you for posting this, I will also have to inspect this and may end up modifying just as you described.

I disagree. It was 80 degrees this past Saturday here in Florida. About mid day I shut my machine down to check the sub trans bellow. I did not hear any pressure being released or my dipstick didn't shoot up. It was fine. Great news is it worked. No water got it

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!