P1000 Soft brakes anyone?

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just recently put front and rear A arm skid plates on the 1000-5.
Soon after this I noticed my brakes Not working correctly. After running it around in the yard not hard at all I went to a neighbors as I approach the driveway I tried to slow down and the pedal went to the floor.
however I pump the brakes three times and regain The brakes

Took it home into the garage to look at the brakes. There was some brake fluid leaking off of the brake hose going to the cylinder.

Then I looked at the clearance as I move the steering wheel from right to left nothing seem to be pinching the hose or rubbing the brakehub.
Anyone else have this issue or something similar?

The hose fitting that was leaking was not enough for me to think that would cause the pedal to go to the floor

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It doesn’t take much of a leak to lose the required pressure to apply the brakes. Ability to stop is more important than the ability to start in my book. I’d replace the line. Maybe even consider the stainless lines being that you have to do it anyway.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Theres a plastic black thing on the back of the rotor it will hit the arm guard when turned to full lock and push the caliper causing the piston to compress and steal the first push of the petal to bring the brakes back to adjustment. Either trimming the plastic things or the arm guards will stop this. I trimmed my plastic doodad and my brother trimmed the arm guard. Both solved our issues. Be glad you found it in the yard we were in wv in the hills and thought we were losing our brakes.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Theres a plastic black thing on the back of the rotor it will hit the arm guard when turned to full lock and push the caliper causing the piston to compress and steal the first push of the petal to bring the brakes back to adjustment. Either trimming the plastic things or the arm guards will stop this. I trimmed my plastic doodad and my brother trimmed the arm guard. Both solved our issues. Be glad you found it in the yard we were in wv in the hills and thought we were losing our brakes.
Good info, thanks @Ohio4x4!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!