P1000m5 Soft top and windshield questions.

M

-MC

Nov 2, 2017
Wy
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Greetings,

I currently have the fold down windshield installed. It is one that goes with the soft top so the top of the windshield lays against the upper roll bar. I also have the Honda softtop that I am about to install this weekend.

Both of the manufactures (The windshield and top) suggest not towing with them on. The windshield company said to fold it down when towing. I am wondering what the reasons for this is?

I load the pionner on the trailer facing forward. If the windshield overlaps the soft roof then what chance is there of the wind taking the roof off? How is towing any different wind wise than driving the pioneer 60 mph?

Has one one towed with them both on and ran into any issues?

Thanks!

M

-MC

Nov 2, 2017
Wy
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Update:

I installed the Soft top over my flip up windshield. It withstood 75 mph winds last week. I was surprised to find it still in tact.
I still have not towed it to see how it holds up.

M

-MC

Nov 2, 2017
Wy
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Update number Two (Updating in case someone searches for soft top input): The soft top has held up great in the 75 mph winds. However it did not fair well to 10 inches of snow. It broke 3 or the 4 support rods. Pulled it taught without the rods installed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!