Best to you.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
After riding in a 4 seater general we thought long and hard about trading the 1000-5 on one the ride is plush. The seats are plush it has a few issues the one we rode in likes to run hot and one rear door pops open destroyed one so far. We couldn't come to term with losing our down payment and accessories. My wife's family owns it we have access to use it but now that I lifted my Pioneer I am loving it.

Reactions: swsebek
Redrocket

Redrocket

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2017
Lake City FL
Ownership

1. 500
Yea I read the 2017 had issues I bought a 2018 I've been told Polaris has addressed complaints? We'll see if there correct.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Polaris did a good job with the General. the air intakes are up under the hood. There was a loss of steering recall so make sure yours is ok. I wanted a General but just hate belt drive so bought the Yamaha YXZ. Honda will have sport models this year for sure.

Reactions: Bastardchild
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Polaris did a good job with the General. the air intakes are up under the hood. There was a loss of steering recall so make sure yours is ok. I wanted a General but just hate belt drive so bought the Yamaha YXZ. Honda will have sport models this year for sure.
Honda . sport model ? baaa ha ha ha ha ha

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
OK Taco it will happen, I've got dibs on the first one. Hopefully the 5 link model. The SC factory expansion is finished and Honda will expand their model line up this year and that is a for sure. There may be another Pioneer model too.

Redrocket

Redrocket

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2017
Lake City FL
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks hondabob dealer said 2018 had all recalls were already done. I hope so! I had a 2015 ranger and didn't have any belt issues I'm keep8 my fingers crossed.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK Taco it will happen, I've got dibs on the first one. Hopefully the 5 link model. The SC factory expansion is finished and Honda will expand their model line up this year and that is a for sure. There may be another Pioneer model too.
The ONLY thing that is FOR SURE, is you will DIE!

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Oh Bob , I hope they do while we are both still alive . I hope that gives them another 15-20 years BECAUSE THATS HOW SOON WE WILL SEE IT . ]

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Went and bought a Polaris General premium wife's idea like it so far it's not what you ride just ride!!
I think I might have found a victim to buy my Pioneer 500 also. I've had mine over 3 years and it literally has 1 mile on the odometer, same as the day I picked it up. Figured if I haven't driven it yet, there's a slim to none chance I ever will. Bought it just cuz I had to have one, and actually have not had a single use for it in all this time. Then also I work at a Honda shop, and am so tired of being around these things.
Everybody thinks it's like a dream job getting to be around new toys all day long everyday. Well I can tell them it ain't so . :eek:

Reactions: dilligaff82
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He had to go and get a polar shift... it’s because living in Lake City where life is just a pity because everything is really Shi*** ! Ha I used to live there back in 1984-86 going to school for forestry at LCCC. Spent my formative years there fresh out of a Tampa high school. I loved riding my bike in Osceloa NF all the time. Are SXS’s legal to ride in the forest? Is Ronnies bar still across hwy 90, and is the horrible aircraft paint removal airport still there? Those chemicals burned....that dorm got closed down....anyway I hope the new machine doesn’t loose a belt next to some big nest of canebrakes. We used to eat them and make belts and hat bands from their skins. Sorry for the rant but thanks for the memories. What about the Fu-King Chinese restaurant, is it still there? Never forget that place!

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey 100acre, yep still here after 57 years and yes everything is just the way it was. pretty sh**** but it's home.
I had a lot of great memories from that place.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey 100acre, yep still here after 57 years and yes everything is just the way it was. pretty sh**** but it's home.
Can you ride sxs there in Osceola? My family is in Tampa. It’d be nice to get some trail time in along the trip down there next time.

Redrocket

Redrocket

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2017
Lake City FL
Ownership

1. 500
Yea you can on marked trails, the bad is it's still hunting season right now and very very wet!!

Reactions: 100Acre
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
100acre I didn't know you were from our stomping grounds. Last time I was in Lake s***ty Fu King Chinese sign was there. I used to work at the airport across from LCCC.

Redrocket

Redrocket

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2017
Lake City FL
Ownership

1. 500
Yea they still serving CAT and rice lol. I worked there in 1978 for about 6 months then got a job at occidental then it got sold to potash and in the last week they merged into a new company called nutrien

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Huck, I will owe you dinner at the monthly guys night out dinner if there is no 2019 Honda Sport Model this year. Your right we don't have a lot of time left and 3 more of the guys turn 80 this year. Quin and Walt are in their 90's now. My dad died at age 97, T-Bob's dad was 97, and Rays' dad was 103. We can only hope.

Reactions: swsebek and HUCK

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!