P500 solenoid location

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My solenoid cable is too short to mount under hood. Where is your mounted?
I will have to add cable just nor sure if I should on battery side or motor side?

Reactions: JACKAL
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
I will have to add cable just nor sure if I should on battery side or motor side?
I mounted mine on the passenger side under the hood, looks like it is made to mount one there on the tabs. I had to extend battery side cables,just got some 6GA and put ends on it. Took longer than i thought to route it back to battery, just have to be patient...

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Switch the red and black with the yellow and blue wires.Mount solenoid under hood by passenger side.Should be two holes on a bracket there.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
got it wired up.
only issue is closing the battery compartment door.
Oh and my winch came with a circuit breaker that has the post exposed. For now I wrapped it in electrical tape and a washing machine hose. Tomorrow I will find a 50a fuse and housing thats not open to grounding out.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
got it wired up.
Oh and my winch came with a circuit breaker that has the post exposed. For now I wrapped it in electrical tape and a washing machine hose. Tomorrow I will find a 50a fuse and housing thats not open to grounding out.

Is it only 50amp?
Warn shows the draw on a first layer single line pull 4500b at over 300amps.(Not sure what brand you have or size)

R

Rustell

got it wired up.

I was able to put my circuit breaker in the battery box, on the lefthand side there is room with a little "trimming" of the plastic.

Reactions: Moose308
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I mounted mine to under the passenger seat next to the ECU. I just let about a foot of cable lopped underneath so the plastic pan can still be lifted for changing the oil filter.

Reactions: ncred02
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Is it only 50amp?
Warn shows the draw on a first layer single line pull 4500b at over 300amps.(Not sure what brand you have or size)
2500 lb Harbor freight special. I may swap it out for a 3500 with a better setup

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!