P700 Some questions...

A

AKA-Logan

Oct 19, 2020
Dayton Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So I am on the fence between the P500/520 and the P700. One thing that has me concerned is the P500/520 does not have an OEM heater option. Is there a good after market heater unit?

Reactions: Biteme
Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would look at the options for cabs first.
Without a sealed up cab, the heater is useless.
I have the OEM roof, windshield and hard rear panel on my 700-2. Door options are limited to OEM and they suck.

Dangb1

Dangb1

Oct 25, 2020
Ogema Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the factory hard cab with the hard doors (the doors seal up nicely all the way around). I also installed the OEM heater and use it in the winter to push snow here in northern Wisconsin I find the cab gets warm enough that I don't need a heavy coat, the heater has a two speed blower motor. I had a HiSun sxs with a soft cab enclosure no heat and it sucked, windshield kept frosting up. After two winters and replacing the wet clutch I did some research and went with the Pioneer because of the transmission and the available options. You'll save money if you buy the add ons you want and install them yourself. In the summer I take the full doors off and put the half doors on.

Beretta67

Beretta67

Nov 11, 2020
McKean Co. Pa.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the factory hard cab with the hard doors (the doors seal up nicely all the way around). I also installed the OEM heater and use it in the winter to push snow here in northern Wisconsin I find the cab gets warm enough that I don't need a heavy coat, the heater has a two speed blower motor. I had a HiSun sxs with a soft cab enclosure no heat and it sucked, windshield kept frosting up. After two winters and replacing the wet clutch I did some research and went with the Pioneer because of the transmission and the available options. You'll save money if you buy the add ons you want and install them yourself. In the summer I take the full doors off and put the half doors on.
Do you have any issues with the windshield fogging? Which top and windshield do you have? I just ordered the Honda cab heater and I’m considering the full doors.

Dangb1

Dangb1

Oct 25, 2020
Ogema Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
Do you have any issues with the windshield fogging? Which top and windshield do you have? I just ordered the Honda cab heater and I’m considering the full doors.
I have the Honda hard top, full doors, rear hard panel and the Honda glass windshield and wiper. The heater does a good job of warming up the cab, haven't had much problems with windshield fogging. Only wish there were a couple vents pointed at the windshield to help keep the melting snow from freezing on the glass.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the Honda hard top, full doors, rear hard panel and the Honda glass windshield and wiper. The heater does a good job of warming up the cab, haven't had much problems with windshield fogging. Only wish there were a couple vents pointed at the windshield to help keep the melting snow from freezing on the glass.

OEM heater or aftermarket?

Reactions: Biteme
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm a new owner of a 700/2 with a hard top and a floppy cloth back with lots of places for cold to enter the "cab". I'm building a heater with 2 foot and one defrost outlet. Main reason was the dealer wanted $700 installed for their heater and I have about $80 in parts and will use left over alum to build a box.

Anyway my question is has anyone insulated the factory roof to keep heat in the winter and outside in the hot summer sun. Still thinking about painting it white on top. I bought an insulating blanket for under the seat to reduce engine/exhaust heat in the summer but it seems to make sense to take advantage of that heat source in the Winter.

Any thoughts or ideas out there??

Reactions: Smitty335
A

AKA-Logan

Oct 19, 2020
Dayton Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
One of the best ATV/motorcycle mechanic's in my area that specializes in Hondas stated to me today that he was concerned with new Hondas' quality control. Does he have a valid point or is he just jaded on the new fancy pants stuff? I also stopped by my local Honda shop and they have several SxS on order but Honda won't give them a confirmation on their order... Is this the new norm? I am not quite ready to buy yet, but I would like to sit in the various models. Or am I being a ninny?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!