Soooooo any ideas why my airbox filled with oil?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
How did this intake solution work for you? Looks like you simply relocated the intake location which is the real problem here IMO.. Im looking to relocate mine as well to behind the rear window.
You have several options and anything is far superior to the stock snorkel.
Doesnt it make sense to put a catch can on that breather tube that feeds into the airbox? Does anyone know of someone selling a kit to do so?
No, not needed if you keep your filter clean.

I consistently wind mine up full throttle for hours at the dunes and have never had oil in my filter in 5,000 miles.

Lateral G

Lateral G

Jul 28, 2021
Green River, UT
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
10-80 solution arrived and is installed. Well packaged, simple install, quick delivery. Thanks 10-80 team!
One of my problems fixed, a few more to go!

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
M

MrTidd

Mar 5, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
All of a sudden my talon started blowing smoke and about a quart ran out of the airbox when I opened it.
Was it rolled over at any time ? Possible air intake filter is clogged up , and check the crank breather tube for blockage

Reactions: Smitty335
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Technically that's exactly what you did to fix it, except you had to throw a ton of money in engine parts at it between the "turn it off" and "turn it back on" phase. 🤣
It’s similar to the radiator cap fix.

remove cap, replace car, reinstall cap.

fixed!!!!! 😁😂

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!