Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Keep in mind that I've crossed four long wooden bridges on this trail system that carry you over deep swamp areas. All built the same and very narrow, like walking a tightrope, even for the P5. Once you got over the gate in the OP and caught up to me, you'd reach one of these and it would be game over. I hate the fact that I can't go where others can but have learned to accept it with the little 500. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow but something you big P1 boys will have to come to terms with...Sorry You Couldn't Make It! :(

Rode this trail system again today and remembered this thread. I only had one picture of the bridges and it was of one that was out. Rode with @Remington in the Bumblebee today and we made it a point to find these bridges. We rode over several of them and even did a makeshift repair on one to get over it. They're old, beat up and narrow.
Bridge 1

These are my home trails so to speak, closest to my house and the ones that we ride most. This was the first time with another P5 and it was a blast. Tight winding trails, steep banked turns, lots of low hanging branches. We both bounced our rops off of trees and I got a deep gouge in one of the roto pax's. Lots of places for a longer machine to high center too, we didn't see another sxs all day, just quads and dirt bikes. These are straight up atv trails and the P5 shines in this environment.
These 50" restricted trails beat up on the P5 pretty good but it makes it through. Would really like to see how the other brands 50" machines would do, much longer of a wheel base means you don't get through. Any wider of a wheel base means 'sorry you couldn't make it'. ;)

Scramble Area

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Stumbled onto this old video @Remington made of our ride back in '18. The wife and I have searched for this trail several times since and can't find it, it may be blocked off now. This is as tight as it gets and the P5's shine in this environment. There's two wooden bridges that we crossed on this ride, they were built for quads and one was pretty dilapidated as you can see in the post above. You can hear Remmy say at about the 2:20 mark that these things will go anywhere. When I think of the funnest rides I've ever been on, this one's always in the running.
Figured this was a good thread to drop it in.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys, what trail system is that? I've seen a lot of those bridges on the Denton Loop and Gladwin trails, but over the years with logging and forest growth, the "look" of the trails change a lot.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys, what trail system is that? I've seen a lot of those bridges on the Denton Loop and Gladwin trails, but over the years with logging and forest growth, the "look" of the trails change a lot.

That was in Gladwin off Center Fireline Trail and M-61. There's several bridges on those trails, some being closed due to lack of maintenance. Some that are open that probably shouldn't be too. They're fun though and you're edge to edge with a P5 on some of them, hoping they don't fold under the weight. Most of them are built over marshes so you wouldn't fall very far but in the Spring you'd be under water. That is the closest trail system from BC and the ones I ride the most.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I think I know right where you are at there now. I've not had the P5 over there, but have rode many times on my quad- both before the great flood and after. Do you know if the northern most section of M-61 is back open yet?

Reactions: Smitty335
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I think I know right where you are at there now. I've not had the P5 over there, but have rode many times on my quad- both before the great flood and after. Do you know if the northern most section of M-61 is back open yet?

The northern part of that loop is open, if that's what you're talking about? It doesn't connect with any other trail system unless you do some road running.

Reactions: Smitty335
MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
That's what I meant Trigger. Before the "great flood" in 2004, I remember sometime prior -riding all 3 of the "loops" at Gladwin. We started out on the south loop (which was beat up bad) then did the loop just north of 61 then onto the northern most loop, making it back to the trail head just in time to run out of fuel on the 250R.

After that, the next visit was post-flood and the south of 61 was the only loop open. I want to say that was 2009 in April?

Anyway, I had heard / read somewhere that the loop just north of 61 re-opened several years ago, but the northern-most one was still closed, pending the DNR doing more water control stuff and trail repair. I had not followed if that section ever re-opened.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!