P500 Spare keys don’t work

N

Nivek

Dec 30, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
I picked up a 2021 700-2 deluxe a month or so ago from a Honda dealer. I had Them make a third key for me..$20.00. It didn’t work. Went back an they touched up the key and made another one at no charge. Neither one works.. it looks like the original keys have a bigger rubber housing then the two spares they made me. Anybody else have this issue? Thanks, nivek

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
My Honda dealer does not make keys, but they recommended a locksmith/key shop about a mile away. Over the years he has made extra keys for my P500 and 4 different Honda atvs. They do not have the rubber boot on them, but they all work perfectly. If memory serves me, they were only around $4 or $5 each. If the dealer cannot get it right, you might try an independent key shop.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!