H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
This may be it for 2018. Got 11,800 miles on my YXZ 1000 and will put another 10,000 on it. I did a 170 mile ride in my Yamaha today. Yamaha may have a wide ratio trans for 2018 but I doubt it, we will know on the 5th. The 4 set Wolverine will probably have a 850cc Weber engine with belt drive. I hate belt drive.
I'm installing bucket seats in my Pioneer 1000 for my 5 to 6 hour rides. I'm too old to wait on anything and the Yamaha is Fun in the Fast Lane. The Honda Sport models should be great and you young guys can wait another year or so.

Honda Unveils 2018 FourTrax Rancher
August 22, 2017 Motor Sports Newswire ATV - Side by Side, Powersports 0
Announcement also includes FourTrax Foreman, TRX90X, and Pioneer 500
TORRANCE, CA – August 22, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – In its final four-wheel powersports new-model announcement of the year, the leading manufacturer of multipurpose ATVs today unveiled four 2018 models, including the family of FourTrax® Ranchers®—America’s best-selling line of ATVs. At the same time, Honda announced the hard-working FourTrax Foreman®, the sporty TRX90X, and the Pioneer 500 side-by-side.
Pioneer 500
This no-nonsense side-by-side is both beginner-friendly and expertly tuned; it can be easily operated by a first-time side-by-side owner and still be enjoyed by an experienced pilot. In the dirt, its longitudinally mounted four-stroke engine allows for comfortable cruising, while the automatic five-speed (plus reverse) gearbox can be operated in both automatic and manual modes for superb ascending, skillful rock crawling, and dependable exploration. Although compact in design to fit easily in garages, full-size pickup-truck beds, and narrow trails, the Pioneer 500’s 8.5-inch ground clearance and 450-pound payload capacity are nothing to scoff at. For those unsure where to begin the journey into the world of off-road recreation or work, the capable Pioneer 500 is a great place to start.

• Colors: Red, Olive, Honda Phantom Camo®
  • Price: TBA
  • Availability: October

Reactions: sharp and Hondasxs
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Bummer!!!!!!!

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks @hondabob,
Still a few months left in the year. lol...
I wouldn't hold my breath but I know the additional wing at HSC will be finished before years end. Lets hope they have something to make!
Pioneer 700 was announced on Feb 13th. Lets hope he Talon will be too!

Reactions: sharp
Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, that's not impressive, but since I just recently bought my Pioneer 1000-5, it would probably bum me out if they came up with something super cool right now.

Reactions: bobbyhill
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Yes, early next year may happen. The Big Red was delayed for one year. It didn't have doors and Yamaha was getting hammered with lots of leg injury law suits. The P1000-3 with Fox shocks and bucket seats is close to a Sport model in performance. I will be running light 26 inch tires for better performance off the corners. The 4 seat Yamaha Wolverine will make Honda work hard to get the Sport Models out.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well, that's not impressive, but since I just recently bought my Pioneer 1000-5, it would probably bum me out if they came up with something super cool right now.
That's what happened to me! I bought the P700-4 and then they came out with the P1000-5 it was a bummer for a bit but I'm still happy with the P700-4

Reactions: lee
nglauer

nglauer

Nov 15, 2014
That's what happened to me! I bought the P700-4 and then they came out with the P1000-5 it was a bummer for a bit but I'm still happy with the P700-4
I was about to pull the trigger on a 700-4 or 1000-5... then Yamaha released the new wolverine 4. I'm still leaning toward Honda, but really want to test out the wolverine first. I'm really hoping Honda makes a few more tweaks to the current line up. I'd love to see better seat options on the 700 and 1000.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!