Jun 12, 2015
The manual says sport will only work in high not in low

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just like the Can am's side by sides. They have a sport low switch for those.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What does the sport mode even do? Change shift points?

J

Jeremiah80

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2015
Kinda of like tow haul mode in a truck puts your shift points higher

Reactions: Hondasxs
J

Jeremiah8808

Aug 5, 2015
I don't have my P1000 yet, but I wouldn't expect sport mode to work in manual mode since you choose when to shift with the paddles. I can't comment on sport-low.

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
I don't see why you would want or need sport mode in low anyways.
Because if you get bigger tires and are in thick mud, you don't want your transmission searching back and forth for a gear.

advertisement
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
What would that have to do with sport mode in low. Sport mode isn't for mud bogging anyways. It's got low range and if you wanted you can pick what gear you want and stay in that gear for longer.

Last edited:
S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
What would that have to do with sport mode in low. Sport mode isn't for mud bogging anyways. It's got low range and if you wanted you can pick what gear you want it in.
Sport mode holds it in a lower gear longer. You asked why anyone needed it and I answered. Don't like the answer, don't ask the question. Btw, it's not up to you to decide how anyone else uses their property for.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
What are you talking about? It don't go in sport mode in low auto anyways from what he said,,so it's made that way for a reason. Hold in gear longer;; you can keep it in a gear as long as you want in manual. So like i said you don't need a sport mode in low anyways. how did i decide anything by having a opinon. And no i didn't ask a question i stated my opinion.

Last edited:
S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
Sport mode shifts out at a higher rpm as apposed to normal. Hence why I said it holds a lower gear longer. Yes, I know it only works in high, but you said " i don't know why anyone would want or need a sport low" and I answered as to why I would.

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
just use manual.
Omg... just stop. Why do you care how anyone else drives their property or how they plan to use it? Do you care what kind of beer I drink or that I drink or how I like a steak prepared? Why think that because you don't have the need or want for something that everyone needs to be that way?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
lol yes, you can't drink beer it's bad. steak must be med well. Dude your the one with the problem and keep going off in left field for some reason. I guess your the kind of person that doesn't think a person can have an opinion. If my opinon is controlling how others ride there SxS. wow i'm awesome. my gosh i'm telling others what to do just wow

Last edited:
Reactions: Springer
wilson111

wilson111

Jun 11, 2015
SC
Mine DOES have sport mode in low and you canNOT manual shift in low....at least I think this is correct.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
you can use manual shift in high or low..But it down shifts automatically no matter what. got that from a guy on facebook page.

Last edited:
wilson111

wilson111

Jun 11, 2015
SC
you can use manual shift in high or low..But it down shifts automatically no matter what.
Maybe I couldn't shift manually while in low auto but I'll have to check to make sure.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!