Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Don't know if the moderators will even let this post onto the forum but I feel it needs to be said.
We all joined this forum because we share a common interest... The Honda Pioneer.
I'm not a member of any other forum, never have been, and despise most social media. I don't do facebook or twitter or any of that other crap. I sign in here, when I'm not tied up with the necessities of life, to share ideas and experiences with an awesome group of guys that always seem willing to help and show interest in what others are doing with or to their machines. I doubt that any of us will be interested in everything that is being posted. Some guys put tracks or 30" tires on their machine. Do I ever plan on doing that, no. Do I find it interesting, somewhat. I made the front of my machine into a snake face and I'm certain that some guys think I'm a moron for doing it. That it was a total waste of time, money and energy.
But like our mom's taught us, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. It's easy not to type and hit the send button. Playing around and razzing each other is all in fun but getting personal with insults and digs is unnecessary. It's easy to be an a**hole, it takes a little more tact to get along.
I joined THIS one for a reason and just want to help keep it the coolest forum on the web.
Thanks guys!

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Don't know if the moderators will even let this post onto the forum but I feel it needs to be said.
We all joined this forum because we share a common interest... The Honda Pioneer.
I'm not a member of any other forum, never have been, and despise most social media. I don't do facebook or twitter or any of that other crap. I sign in here, when I'm not tied up with the necessities of life, to share ideas and experiences with an awesome group of guys that always seem willing to help and show interest in what others are doing with or to their machines. I doubt that any of us will be interested in everything that is being posted. Some guys put tracks or 30" tires on their machine. Do I ever plan on doing that, no. Do I find it interesting, somewhat. I made the front of my machine into a snake face and I'm certain that some guys think I'm a moron for doing it. That it was a total waste of time, money and energy.
But like our mom's taught us, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. It's easy not to type and hit the send button. Playing around and razzing each other is all in fun but getting personal with insults and digs is unnecessary. It's easy to be an a**hole, it takes a little more tact to get along.
I joined THIS one for a reason and just want to help keep it the coolest forum on the web.
Thanks guys!
Not sure what spurred this post....none of my business actually, however, it's difficult to disagree with anything you have written here. Individuality is a trait that should be applauded and in my opinion is what makes this forum so great. My 2 cents anyway.

Reactions: Jshell3 and trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not sure what spurred this post....none of my business actually, however, it's difficult to disagree with anything you have written here. Individuality is a trait that should be applauded and in my opinion is what makes this forum so great. My 2 cents anyway.
Ditto.

Reactions: trigger
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Agreed - here to share and help, not give people a hassle on their choices of machines, styles or designs. That is the great thing about these machines, you can personalize in ways you like and how it works best for you!

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Agreed - here to share and help, not give people a hassle on their choices of machines, styles or designs. That is the great thing about these machines, you can personalize in ways you like and how it works best for you!
I have vtx bike (Honda) she is beautiful, and due to another great forum and endless customization and input from other great awesome Honda members. And with that forum I saw some stuff that was way past passion,to the point of stupidly. It just happens. I would bet most of the time it's due too excessive kool aid consumption. It happens and always will,cause everyone has an opinion and some can be passionate. I think part of that is to flat walk away from the conversation. Odds are the other party will realize how big of an a&$ they were and apologies if not just let it be... Guess I'm just rambling here,,, trigger you summed it up

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Ok...
I'm a reloader. You wanna talk about a website forum FULL of experts?!? And splitting hairs, OMG.:mad: Everyone's own loads are better than "the store bought stuff", but anyone else's loads are "Bubba's mixing up loads in the basement.. Blow your hands off... Danger Danger!!" Not the most helpful group of guys to say the least.

I joined this forum and was elated to get a positive feedback on my very first question! Very cool and inviting.
People like my posts, and in turn, reply w/ good advice.

I do like this forum, better than any other group I've joined. I don't have Facebook either, so I find myself reading old threads.

Humor and Wit are hard to communicate across a keyboard. Even still, it's a shame to read some posts...

Just wanted to put that out there!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chooglin

Glad you brought this up @trigger , I know where you're coming from. Every forum I have joined , has had 1 or 2 members who just look for controversy among others !!
I normally just ignore the post he or she makes and I move on , but after time, it begins to get old...........you can only ignore it for so long !!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks @trigger,
You have posted a very worthy post.
Nowadays people on both sides of the screen jump to a derailed conclusion based on letters and words with no time given in applying feelings to the statement. More often than not post are viewed negatively no matter how it is read or how the user meant it to be to read. This is difficult to understand when hiding behind a keyboard.

As the community has grown it has become difficult to oversee all post. Personally, I only get to read about 25% of the post nowadays in enough detail to get a feeling of mode. I am ashamed to say that but I never, in my wildest dreams, thought the site would see 300+ new post a day. Amazing.

I have to admit, 2016 has been challenging. Though I have implemented methods to control some of it, it is impossible to stop it all together. Though I hate it, we have lost several members on both sides of the table. Some I have dis-membered due to issues and others have asked to be deleted due to issues. Though I gave it my best, I will never have control over the users and their replies. This is just how it is.

But let's make this clear. R.E.S.P.E.C.T is the #1 guideline I have for my team. No matter our differences in views. If we cant respect each other then I stand, firmly saying, this club is no place for you.

Thanks again @trigger.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks @trigger,
You have posted a very worthy post.
Nowadays people on both sides of the screen jump to a derailed conclusion based off letters and words and no time is given to apply feelings to the statement. More often than not post are viewed negatively no matter how it is read or how the user meant it to be to read. This is difficult to understand when hiding behind a keyboard.

As the community has grown it has become difficult to oversee all post. Personally, I only get to read about 25% of the post nowadays in enough detail to get a feeling of mode. I am ashamed to say that but I never, in my wildest dreams, thought the site would see 300+ new post a day. Amazing.

I have to admit, 2016 has been challenging. Though I have implemented methods to control some of it, it is impossible to stop it all together. Though I hate it, we have lost several members on both sides of the table. Some I have dis-membered due to issues and others have asked to be deleted due to issues. Though I gave it my best, I will never have control over the users and their replies. This is just how it is.

But let's make this clear. R.E.S.P.E.C.T is the #1 guideline I have for my team. No matter our differences in views. If we cant respect each other then I stand, firmly saying, this club is no place for you.

Thanks again @trigger.
Right on Honda! We do appreciate you and the team that keeps this going. Thankfully, there is very little discord on this forum compared to what I've seen elsewhere, and when there is, it's almost always settled gentlemen like. Triggers op is great and speaks for many of us, as can be seen by the contributions to this thread!!!

Last edited:
J

Jshell3

I live next door to an old blow hard. First time or two I met him, I was like, "Get the heck out of my yard"... (in my mind) lol.
But, I actually like the guy.
He's a jackass, but not the type that wants to watch the world burn.

And he comes over... Says his piece, and leaves.
So he's got that going for him!!!
Ha!

When I read a post that sounds like something my neighbor would say... I don't take it to heart, I just pretend to know the guy who's saying it.

...we have lost several members on both sides of the table. Some I have dis-membered due to issues and others have asked to be deleted due to issues.

Word!!! I got a great idea on mounting my rear rack from a guy who's no longer a member.

advertisement
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I live next door to an old blow hard. First time or two I met him, I was like, "Get the heck out of here" (in my mind) lol. But after I got to know him, the REAL him... I actually like the guy. He's funny... deep down. Plus, he says the things I only think.
Sure I cringe when someone new deals with him in my presence ... Sure I have a hard time watching him make mountains out of mole hills... His life is hard, he makes sure of it, all by himself. Conditioning for when the REAL trouble comes!!;) I guess.

He's a jackass, but not the type that wants to watch the world burn.

And he comes over... Says his piece, and leaves.

So he's got that going for him!!!

Ha!

When I read a post that sounds like something my neighbor would say... I don't take it to heart, I just pretend I know the guy who's saying it.

But what I believe @trigger is referring to, when there's no usefulness for the post... Better to keep it to yourself. Better still - Go back and delete those posts, off the board. (After you calm down / sober up) That way when someone googles Honda P500 modifications, they arrive here, join, and contribute.

Yeah, we are no better off because of it. I got a great idea on my rear rack from a guy who's no longer a member.

I didn't realize we were neighbors. :)

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Thanks guys!
Well said Trigger! The best thing I did after buying my machine was join this forum. Great group of guys with much knowledge, wisdom and advice. I try and log on everyday and keep up with what is new in this community. And yes, we all need to heed what our mom has taught us! Thanks!

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks guys!
I agree this forum is probably the best, everyone is eager to help their fellow P5er and the AH's are far and few between and to be ignored, but the best part about you Trigger is your Doc. Holiday picture, its cocky without being cocky but still like Doc would do, back things up.

Alan

Reactions: Jshell3 and trigger
J

Jshell3

...but the best part about you Trigger is your Doc. Holiday picture, its cocky without being cocky but still like Doc would do, back things up.
Alan

I've said the same thing, myself. Not everyone could pull it off...

C

Chooglin

Not trying to start any s*** , just felt like this needed a bump !

Taking jabs at others is not kool , let alone one of the sponsors !

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

You the members can help us moderators out, if you read something out of line please click on report post and one of us will know to check it out and adress accordingly. When a post is reported it is flagged in a way that we know to give it immediate attention. This can save at times from multiple people getting into an unnecessary dialogue.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
maybe we need the old ad slogan "You meet the nicest people on a Honda"
Does anyone remember the Honda ad "Get yourself a Honda, built like a watch that was made to last a hundred years"? I believed it then and I believe it now. At one time I had a Honda Elsinore and wished I had it now.

Reactions: trigger and JACKAL
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

It seriously bugs the hell out of me to see members poking jabs at others. Especially when you can tell that the one being poked is just trying to stay civil and not fire back. Even when you know you could shred them with the written word it's better to just let it roll off and let the moderators handle it. There are lots of forums and sites like that but the majority of members on this forum are in a different class... personable and helpful.

advertisement