futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
If there's a dedicated thread about this, then I couldn't find it.

What are the pros/cons of running different spacing of front and back widths?

Reactions: rtn001
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Honda makes the rear an inch or so narrower than the front, and I understand that is to make it turn a bit easier, seeing as the rear diff is locked and wants to make the machine go in a straight line. The wider the rear, the harder to steer, (see what I did there???) but probably not enough to notice.

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudder
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well for mudding a staggered track will give you a better chance at making it through the hole. Especially if your running same width front and back. Cons not really sure if there is any. Maybe something for rock crawling might be a con somewhere .

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
My machine was 2” narrower in the rear with stock wheels. I originally added 1” spacer to the back to even it out. I had no negative affect running the spacers but the positive was much improved stability. I have no idea why Honda set it up this way in the beginning.

Reactions: rtn001 and futzin
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I'm considering having mine wider in the rear; trying to keep the fronts from throwing as much mud. Thoughts?

Reactions: rtn001
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I'm considering having mine wider in the rear; trying to keep the fronts from throwing as much mud. Thoughts?
After I added spacers to the front it did sling more mud but I think that was more from the aggressive tires than the width. I added mud busters to the front and back and now I have less mud and water on the hood and windshield than I did stock. Adding spacers to the back will definitely make a big improvement in the ride and stability with no negative affects in my opinion. One nice thing about using spacers rather than wheel offset is that you can play with the width some and figure out what you like best. I originally started with 1” rear spacers and liked that. I found a good deal on some 2” spacers and moved the 1” to the front and installed the 2” on the rear.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Mudbusters was a good mod, helped keep the mud chunks out of the cab, and easier wash out of the front fender. Many rut rubs but they flexed with no damage.

EACEC169 7428 47E9 B439 07B9C864D7D8

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!