Stake pockets for side rails

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I carry my dog in the back were ever we go so seeing that I had side rails and a sun roof to keep her shaded in the summer I needed to make something that I could use in the Pioneer.This is what I came up with,I used a small 1/4" thick by 1 3/4" flat bar and welded a 1 1/4" x 3" long piece of sq tubing to the flat bar for the pocket. I then bolted it down right above the bed tie downs using the same hole that the tie downs use. Built the stakes out of some 2x2 that are cut down to fit into the pockets. Made the side rails and the pieces to hold the roof on,everything is quickly removed or installed. The dog just loves riding around in the back,however she does get tied up in case she sees something that she wants to chase and try and jump out. I'v pretty much just taken most of the stuff that I had in my other machine and made it work and fit onto the Pioneer.

Attachments

• stake pockets.jpg
    stake pockets.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 715
  • stake sides 004 (Small).jpg
    stake sides 004 (Small).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 703
  • stake sides 003 (Small).jpg
    stake sides 003 (Small).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 696
B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Looks kinda like you shoulda just bought a P4!

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
binfordw said:

I thought the same thing when I saw the last pic. Coulda just enclosed a P4 and had the dog in the cab with you.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
pipefighter577 said:
binfordw said:

I thought the same thing when I saw the last pic. Coulda just enclosed a P4 and had the dog in the cab with you.
I had actually ordered the p4 but when it came down to the extra cost with taxes etc: $2500 was a bit too much for me to take,especially when were always out with two machines for safety reasons.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!