P500 Steel rim size for 500SXS

F

fourzs

Aug 8, 2015
Ohio
I recently purchased a 500SXS for use around the farm and would like to purchase less aggressive tires for the summer. Thinking of going with Duro Scororchers 25x8.0x12 on all four corners. Two questions, is there an issue running the same size tires front and rear? Second planning to buy ITP Steel rims (12x7.0) since these are a little wider for the fronts (stock 12x6.0) and rear (12x7.5) will there be any issues with these rims especially causing warranty problems. Thanks for any advise and have a GREAT Week1 Fourzs!

Reactions: Hondasxs
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
There is no reason not to run the same size all around. I'm running 27"x11"x14" tires in all four corners. All are mounted on 14"x7" aluminum rims. There is no rubbing at full lock, but I couldn't go any larger without doing the frame mod or using wheel spacers. Going to a larger tire was the best move to make, for me. I gained ground clearance, better handling, easier steering, and more traction. I would recommend radials, if you're looking for a longer wearing tire. I assume that's why you're wanting a less aggressive tire for the summer.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club @fourzs
No issues, you will be find with that setup!
Seems the most common size wheel on the market is a 12x7. I would say 85% of the owners have went with either a 12x7 or 14x7 wheel.
I was looking at your tire choice. That would defiantly help the turf rip issue from the positive rear end. It should serve well as long as you stay away from the thick mud.
But, I question your choice for a 8" tire vs a 9 or 10. Most go with 10+ all around. But as I don't know you needs it may fit your bill just fine.

Dur 09 tir sco rea

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
no problem at all running the itp delta steel wheels will not affect warranty and running same size tires front and rear will work just fine plus you can rotate them if needed welcome to the site fourzs

F

fourzs

Aug 8, 2015
Ohio
Welcome to the club @fourzs
No issues, you will be find with that setup!
Seems the most common size wheel on the market is a 12x7. I would say 85% of the owners have went with either a 12x7 or 14x7 wheel.
I was looking at your tire choice. That would defiantly help the turf rip issue from the positive rear end. It should serve well as long as you stay away from the thick mud.
But, I question your choice for a 8" tire vs a 9 or 10. Most go with 10+ all around. But as I don't know you needs it may fit your bill just fine.

View attachment 5905
Thanks for your input. How much harder will it be to steer with 25x10/12 all around instead fof the 25x8's? That is why I was thinking of the smaller tire. Also, are there other NON-AGRESSIVE tires that I should look at?
Take care and again, appreciate all the input.
Fourzs

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Thanks for your input. How much harder will it be to steer with 25x10/12 all around instead fof the 25x8's? That is why I was thinking of the smaller tire. Also, are there other NON-AGRESSIVE tires that I should look at?
Take care and again, appreciate all the input.
Fourzs
It should be easier to steer, as wider tires give you a lower psi "footprint". The machine weighs the same, but that weight is spread out over a larger area, making for less pounds per square inch.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@fourzs Welcome to the Club!

As stated above you will not have any issues, if you want to keep it near stock width get the 5+2 offset not the 3+4 that is standard. This will keep you near the 50" width if you ride or plan to ride on any restricted trails with 50" gates.

As for same tire all the way around I run 26" x 9" 12" on all four corners no problems at all.

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!