P500 Steering Wheel Removal

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone ever removed their steering wheel? The wheel on my new P520 is about 90° off and it's driving me crazy! Just wondering if it was as simple as taking off the nut and realigning it on the splines, or is it keyed in a specific way? Thanks for any help I can get.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Has anyone ever removed their steering wheel? The wheel on my new P520 is about 90° off and it's driving me crazy! Just wondering if it was as simple as taking off the nut and realigning it on the splines, or is it keyed in a specific way? Thanks for any help I can get.
Super easy.

Pop cap off. zip off nyloc nut. Slide wheel off and align where you want it. It's splined. Reinstall everything.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
And I am sure the dealer charged for some miscreant to sloppily prep a 10k machine.

Honda needs to sell direct.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335 and J80
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
And I am sure the dealer charged for some miscreant to sloppily prep a 10k machine.

Honda needs to sell direct.
They charged me $300 to put my steering wheel on crooked and to finger tighten the skid plate bolts so it'd fall off in the first 4 miles.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
They charged me $300 to put my steering wheel on crooked and to finger tighten the skid plate bolts so it'd fall off in the first 4 miles.
Some dealers just suck.

I had an end user ask to talk to me directly, I was a service rep.

I knew the dealer was a useless dumbass, so I politely suggested to the end user to go to another dealer if he didn't think the dealer was treating him right.

The end user tells the dealer and the dealer gets pissed at me.

I have no patience for dealers that do s*** work.

Last edited:
Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500

I don't feel too bad then, on the passenger side I had one of the two nuts in the rops rattle loose and one rattle completely off. Luckily it was a $1 10x1.25 nut from Home Depot and a quick tighten on the other.

I just straightened out the steering wheel too. Thank you all for everything.

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
First chance I've had since fixing it and just wanted to say thanks again. It was a silly, trivial "problem", but it was driving me insane! (Short trip)
Glad I am not the only one! Mine was way off as well, recently corrected it. May seem trivial but it was dang near all I noticed when driving sometimes.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!