Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
did you have a choice or is that what they assigned to it
No choice if i recall. I went thru a nightmare trying to get the title from Honda. The ladies in the office knew what i was trying to do, so when it arrived the 3rd time, they made the change and sent everything back to Honda. They called me, told me to come get my new registration and get my plates.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
No choice if i recall. I went thru a nightmare trying to get the title from Honda. The ladies in the office knew what i was trying to do, so when it arrived the 3rd time, they made the change and sent everything back to Honda. They called me, told me to come get my new registration and get my plates.
hopefully I will be doing mine next week just waiting on one custom harness from turn Pro signals. sheriff will do inspection no prob . lady was very nice. from what I read may have to try different title office to find one that will cooperate

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hopefully I will be doing mine next week just waiting on one custom harness from turn Pro signals. sheriff will do inspection no prob . lady was very nice. from what I read may have to try different title office to find one that will cooperate
Title office really can't argue with you. If you have your paperwork and title, they make the change in a computer, then slit out a new title. Take it to bmv and get your plates.

And as a bonus, our street plates are equal to full size vehicles. You can choose whether to hang the front plate or not.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Title office really can't argue with you. If you have your paperwork and title, they make the change in a computer, then slit out a new title. Take it to bmv and get your plates.

And as a bonus, our street plates are equal to full size vehicles. You can choose whether to hang the front plate or not.
I'm hoping it goes that easy. soon as they changed that law I took my front off and put bald eagle/American flag on the front. I will go to Wadsworth for title cause some other guys on Facebook said no problem there and it's close for me .

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
What is your paperwork.
inspection of under-speed vehicle, utility vehicle or mini truck Ohio dept of public safety form DPS 1373. thanks to @Neohio. it list required equipment for street legal. you can google and print. when I called the Summit county sheriff they said they had the forms there. you need brakes, break lights x2, head lights x2, tail lights x2, warning device = turn signals, steering mechanism, windshield, rearview mirror, tires in safe operating condition. also need a title in your name or the loan co will have to send it to them.

advertisement
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Screenshot 20220320 181029

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
He said unconventional not low speed.I think it makes a difference i thank you want the big plate like he has not the small plate like a motorcycle
you will get the big plate just like your car I thought the same thing until I looked up unconventional vehicle and found they are all listed under that category. the body code on the title will get changed from AT offroad only to UV which is utility vehicle for on and off road use. some people on FB have titled as 2d coupe or 4d sedan but then it's kina classified as a car which could lead to problems like E check if you happen to get that one cop with a hair up his a**. according to the paper you are limited to roads 35 mph or less @Neohio might know more about what you can get away with. last summer I seen a guy on Manchester rd. getting gas in his I wanted to pull-in and talk to him but there was to much traffic.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
If I remember under speed is less than 20 mph, low speed is 25 mph or less and mini truck is 600 cc max which only leaves UTV

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
@john790 you live pretty close to me I'm in Akron. my aunt lived off 21 and Grill rd.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
One gentleman i camp with had his 700 as a station wagon. When it came due for e check, he was sent to the bmv to get it registered correctly.
that's what I saw on FB I will stick to UV especially since I'm 43 mph max anyway plus don't want the hassle. there's a guy on FB that sounds like he has been helping a lot of people do this for a while and one of his last videos he said he will no longer do it for anything except UV for that very reason

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!