P1000 Steet legal pioneer

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
" UPDATE " The Honda now has a plate.Inspection went good no problems.Title bureau asked if it had a bed.And kept the inspection paper dont let them do this have them make a copy.License bureau wants title and inspection paper and color have them make a copy.Then insurance pick your policy 200 a year for the 1000.Many thanks to all that helped.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
" UPDATE " The Honda now has a plate.Inspection went good no problems.Title bureau asked if it had a bed.And kept the inspection paper dont let them do this have them make a copy.License bureau wants title and inspection paper and color have them make a copy.Then insurance pick your policy 200 a year for the 1000.Many thanks to all that helped.
good deal. they kept mine as well but she made a copy for me which I made another copy to keep in the buggy with the reg.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If I remember under speed is less than 20 mph, low speed is 25 mph or less and mini truck is 600 cc max which only leaves UTV
Farm use in Ohio, you must be traveling from farm to farm which is no problem for me. I can check cows on on several buddies farms around the area. Plus you can get a SIS sign and travel at faster speeds. Here's a Pic.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Each state can be different. In AZ mine is a motorcycle. In CO, you cannot register it as street legal.
In Utah my Pioneer is street legal except in Salt Lake County and on federal Interstates.
On state highways where the speed limit is over 50 mph, I'm admonished to ride on the right side of my lane.
(One of the reasons that I chose the Pioneer is it will go 65 mph).
A number of people drive their UTV's to the grocery store, get a burger, etc., which is fine.

I just ask people to avoid rodding around because the noise will offend and the Ken's and Karen's will work to shut us down.

You can google and read about the Moab ordinances that were caused by late night and early morning riders in residential neighborhoods. In fact, I was in an AirBnB in Moab and was kept awake late by a fleet of UTV's going around and around the block making noise. It bothered me a lot.
Damn I hate Polaris!

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Farm use in Ohio, you must be traveling from farm to farm which is no problem for me. I can check cows on on several buddies farms around the area. Plus you can get a SIS sign and travel at faster speeds. Here's a Pic.View attachment 329512
I had that sign on mine hoping to not get hassled but I live in the city so I went with plates. will see how that goes

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
In Utah my Pioneer is street legal except in Salt Lake County and on federal Interstates.
On state highways where the speed limit is over 50 mph, I'm admonished to ride on the right side of my lane.
A number of people drive their UTV's to the grocery store, get a burger, etc., which is fine.

I just ask people to avoid rodding around because the noise will offend and the Ken's and Karen's will work to shut us down.

You can google and read about the Moab ordinances that were caused by late night and early morning riders in residential neighborhoods. In fact, I was in an AirBnB in Moab and was kept awake late by a fleet of UTV's going around and around the block making noise. It bothered me a lot.
Damn I hate Polaris!
only takes a couple A holes to ruin it for everybody

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Dang it breaks my heart to see you guys struggling in other states. In SD it’s as simple as signing a form that you made it street legal and it can keep up with traffic and your on your way with plate as SXS and Atvs are treated as motorcycles. On my newest quad it was literally a 15 min convo at the dmv and I left with a mc plate for my ATV.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Damn I hate Polaris!
Here in East TN my Pioneer is quieter than 90% of all trucks and cars. Been street legal since 2016. I use it for store runs, gas, restaurants, and just exploring back roads. Cops don't even give us riders a 2nd look.

Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman
J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have just had it on the road a few times.Around here everybody looks at you like a brand new penny.What speed do you cruise around at iam bone stock.

advertisement
D

Dasmoeturhead

I have just had it on the road a few times.Around here everybody looks at you like a brand new penny.What speed do you cruise around at iam bone stock.
Flow of traffic. The road from my house to town is 5 miles, and 35mph. I do 40. With Bursts to 60. If it's on the major road in town which connects johnson city, bristol and Kingsport tn the speed is 45. I do at least 45.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Those people looking. WISH they was riding around in a pioneer. 😛

Last edited:
Alder Wood

Alder Wood

Jan 13, 2022
Alderwood Manor, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In Washington, the state passed a law allowing use of licensed UTV's on roadways with speed limits 35 or less, a few years ago. The weird part is that each county, and each municipality (city or town, here) has to adopt an ordinance allowing their use. So the upshot is you could be legal in say, Snohomish County, where I live, but not in a city such as Lynnwood (where I also live.) Another peculiarity here is that they are legal on State of Washington DNR roads, but not ALL US Forest Service roads. Each forest has a District Ranger or Manager, that can decide. Hard to keep track of all the rigamarole. Most cops don't seem to bother people that drive reasonably, even if they aren't technically legal in their cities. Maybe, because you can ride a moped anywhere, with no license, and they are hardly as safe as driving a licensed SxS.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here in Arizona we’re OK on everything but the interstates. SxS’s are classified a motorcycles and they used to issue tags that had MC on them. The latest tags don’t even have MC on them

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Can anyone speak to if/how making it street legal has impacted their insurance? Particularly in Ohio. It was a $200 a year increase to my policy as is. Just wondering of making it street legal changes the insurance requirement. I carry the same coverages as I do on the Harley already so I assuming its minimal.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s a shame that there are so many states that don’t recognize SxS’s as viable highway transportation. Fortunately, here in AZ all you need to ad for street legal is a horn, lighted license plate and a rear view mirror. When you opt for primary off road registration, insurance can be had for $75. This allows you ride on highways for getting to your off road destination without having to use a trailer.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It’s a shame that there are so many states that don’t recognize SxS’s as viable highway transportation. Fortunately, here in AZ all you need to ad for street legal is a horn, lighted license plate and a rear view mirror. When you opt for primary off road registration, insurance can be had for $75. This allows you ride on highways for getting to your off road destination without having to use a trailer.
Do you know off hand if you can license a out of state S X S in Arizona? Don't go look it up. I can do that.

Reactions: Buggyman
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!