P1000 Steet legal pioneer

D

Dgardner

Oct 13, 2016
Phoenix Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
inspection of under-speed vehicle, utility vehicle or mini truck Ohio dept of public safety form DPS 1373. thanks to @Neohio. it list required equipment for street legal. you can google and print. when I called the Summit county sheriff they said they had the forms there. you need brakes, break lights x2, head lights x2, tail lights x2, warning device = turn signals, steering mechanism, windshield, rearview mirror, tires in safe operating condition. also need a title in your name or the loan co will have to send it to them.
For those of you that have a street legal bike.You had to of have the title changed?.And what classification does your new title say.Thanks for the help
Each state can be different. In AZ mine is a motorcycle. In CO, you cannot register it as street legal.

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
your most welcome, long as you don't try to title it as a car of some sort you should be good. soon as I get that wire harness I will find out for myself. they need to due away with E check or do it everywhere it's a waste of time. you are not far from me I live close to the new Amazon where rolling acres used to be. as far as getting the form signed I called Summit county sheriff on route 619 and she said they had the forms there just come out let them know your here and they will do inspection no appointment needed.
I work on the equipment that built that amazon and many others. They're popping up everywhere and we do the stabilization and concrete for most of them in NE Ohio. I'm glad I live in ashland county and don't have to worry about E check. It's just another government scam. Let us know what happens with the street legal title. Thanks!

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm officially street legal.went to sheriff for inspection this morning which took all of 5 min. Only checked brake lights and rear turn signal. Went straight to the title office in Green Ohio and the lady was nasty. I told her what I wanted and she said you're not getting it here I'm not allowed to do it and I'm not going to do it. She said try another title office or another county but your not getting it here. I went to Wadsworth title office the lady was very nice and I wasn't there 6 minutes and walked out with new title in hand. Went 2 doors down walked in the BMV wasn't there 8 minutes and walked out with plates PXL 20220328 192333240

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm officially street legal.went to sheriff for inspection this morning which took all of 5 min. Only checked brake lights and rear turn signal. Went straight to the title office in Green Ohio and the lady was nasty. I told her what I wanted and she said you're not getting it here I'm not allowed to do it and I'm not going to do it. She said try another title office or another county but your not getting it here. I went to Wadsworth title office the lady was very nice and I wasn't there 6 minutes and walked out with new title in hand. Went 2 doors down walked in the BMV wasn't there 8 minutes and walked out with platesView attachment 326868

I built a CVS Pharmacy in Green yrs ago, right next door to a tire dealer. Dealt with their govt offices many times and yes, they weren't the friendliest people even then.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I built a CVS Pharmacy in Green yrs ago, right next door to a tire dealer. Dealt with their govt offices many times and yes, they weren't the friendliest people even then.
that's a long way from home for you

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Iam glad you got yours done.Sheriffs office on 619 ? .And the nasty person on 241? i have had trouble their also.You would think they would be all the same but they are not dont make sense.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Iam glad you got yours done.Sheriffs office on 619 ? .And the nasty person on 241? i have had trouble their also.You would think they would be all the same but they are not dont make sense.
Have you decided whether to make yours street legal or not?

Reactions: Buggyman
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
just make the trip to wadsworth they were super nice very fast and no hassle. title and bmv right next to each other. sheriff office has the form 1373 to get inspected or u can print and take with you. 393 E turkeyfoot lake road, bmv is 123 broad Blvd.

Last edited:
advertisement
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you are looking for your C clamp next week. It is hanging under your Honda.
forgot about it for a spell had the plate mount clamped to make sure it didn't hit when the bed was raised. lucky it was closed enough that it wouldn't come off. thanks again for all your help. first street ride to the store passed a akron cop on my way home he looked up but didn't bother to turn around.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
forgot about it for a spell had the plate mount clamped to make sure it didn't hit when the bed was raised. lucky it was closed enough that it wouldn't come off. thanks again for all your help. first street ride to the store passed a akron cop on my way home he looked up but didn't bother to turn around.
I know every damn city in Ohio can have their own rules on the books regarding whether you can operate it on city streets or not.
I believe it was a default "ok on streets" when the law officially passed to get car plates. Some cities/townships have added exclusions to the law to not allow them. Ignorance is not a defense when pulled over by a cop. Obviously treat them with respect, most will let you off with a warning. Except state troopers. They will ticket you any chance they can get. So treat em like the assholes they are.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know every damn city in Ohio can have their own rules on the books regarding whether you can operate it on city streets or not.
I believe it was a default "ok on streets" when the law officially passed to get car plates. Some cities/townships have added exclusions to the law to not allow them. Ignorance is not a defense when pulled over by a cop. Obviously treat them with respect, most will let you off with a warning. Except state troopers. They will ticket you any chance they can get. So treat em like the assholes they are.
I couldn't find anything for the city as to their policy. I always yes sir no sir. only had a couple experiences with troopers and it went ok. only thing around here is city kittys. keep my fingers crossed

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
The bike is done just need the time to get the paper work done.Its on the list but not on the top.
the inspection was quick maybe cause it was cold and blowing like crazy. its weird set up you have to go inside and use a red phone on the wall which rings to the downtown branch then they call the local branch and send a deputy out. I probably waited 10 min. on deputy then 5 min. for the actual insp.

Reactions: Plowboy1466
J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to talk to you on the phone but i dont know how to do that.Do you ever ride bear creek or mines and meadows

Reactions: Buggyman
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would like to talk to you on the phone but i dont know how to do that.Do you ever ride bear creek or mines and meadows
on the top of the screen next to your screen name is what looks like a envelope for private message I will send you my # then just click on envelope

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!