BOX1

P500 stereo install

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I Installed my Stereo and speakers a few days ago an thought I would share. I didn't want it mounted to the roof as I want to keep the roof removable maybe even just a soft top. There was no room under the dash and the dash didn't have an area large enough for the stereo So I removed the warning plate cut out a hole and fabricated a filler plate from 16 gage steel to create the mounting location. Made me a little ill to chop up my dash but I think it turned out OK. The worst part is that I used up the location for a box. I stitched up a cover from some leftover seat material I had to cover the back of the stereo to protect it from mud and also filled in the right side fender well with some rubber belting to also help cut down on mud and water splashing on the back of the stereo. Ill get pictures of the back a little later. I made a box from 1/4" plywood, glassed, and bed lined for the speakers. I was looking for a way to attach the speaker box and I finally used some heavy plastic Zip ties. I used a marine stereo, amp, and speakers so hopefully it will hold up to the elements well.

IMG 0760 IMG 0762 IMG 0755 IMG 0755 IMG 0759

RickyB

RickyB

Jan 12, 2017
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I Installed my Stereo and speakers a few days ago an thought I would share. I didn't want it mounted to the roof as I want to keep the roof removable maybe even just a soft top. There was no room under the dash and the dash didn't have an area large enough for the stereo So I removed the warning plate cut out a hole and fabricated a filler plate from 16 gage steel to create the mounting location. Made me a little ill to chop up my dash but I think it turned out OK. The worst part is that I used up the location for a box. I stitched up a cover from some leftover seat material I had to cover the back of the stereo to protect it from mud and also filled in the right side fender well with some rubber belting to also help cut down on mud and water splashing on the back of the stereo. Ill get pictures of the back a little later. I made a box from 1/4" plywood, glassed, and bed lined for the speakers. I was looking for a way to attach the speaker box and I finally used some heavy plastic Zip ties. I used a marine stereo, amp, and speakers so hopefully it will hold up to the elements well.

View attachment 37376 View attachment 37377 View attachment 37378 View attachment 37378 View attachment 37379

Looks good. I like how you mounted the speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Nice looking install ND. Great idea with the speaker location. I had considered going with an auto head unit but with the lack of room and then having to water proof it...
I like the cover you put on the front, can still see through it too. ;)

Reactions: Eltobgi
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!