Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I installed the set of 30 inch Outback MAX...
First, YES it rubbed and with no lifts to be found....
I'm not the patient type, I put a "pipe" or spring spacer lift. A 1.5 in collar. I got a total of 5" of ground clearance gained. Doesn't rub till you have the wheel hard over. Even lifted, I've gotten a couple rubs running fast over an unexpected whoopie ti do. Only on the driver side, which I contribute to driver weight maybe but aside from that the rubs are minor.
Second, the 1K turns em pretty good. Been in some real deep slop and pulled through nicely. Climbing, gotta use low gear but that's what its for. When I say slop I mean mud not water with a muddy bottom. I don't do deep water. I have a boat for that but I digress...
Lost some top end speed but was to be expected. On stockers I got 68 mph on this rubber topping out at 54 mph. I'm OK with that. These are HEAVY tires. But they claw through the crud and being 8 ply they will have great puncture resistance.
Having had STI Mudd Trax on a Zuke KQ750 for the last 7 yrs I will testify they make a good tire and very durable. Have a lot of use on hard pack,gravel and even road surface and they haven't loss much rubber. I'm optimistic the Outback will be as good.
I did not make any change to the rear shocks and there is a slight nose high attitude but I have not noticed any ill effects of this sans the trailer hitch having a downward attitude.
I hope someone make a swing arm that moves the front wheels forward a tad and that will fix my problem... until then, see ya out there!
IMG 4355
IMG 4356
IMG 4357
IMG 4360
IMG 4375
IMG 4376
IMG 4377
IMG 4378

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
U should gps your top speed.Nice to know she'll turn the 30's in real mud.

Reactions: Lady01
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Looks great!! I thought about the Outbacks because I have herd they really smooth, but the weight was a little turn off for me. I'm going to go with a set of Interco Interforce tires at first then may get a set of Outbacks or Intimidators. Have you had them on any trails or rocks?

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not the patient type, I put a "pipe" or spring spacer lift. A 1.5 in collar. I got a total of 5" of ground clearance gained. Doesn't rub till you have the wheel hard over. Even lifted, I've gotten a couple rubs running fast over an unexpected whoopie ti do. Only on the driver side, which I contribute to driver weight maybe but aside from that the rubs are minor.
Second, the 1K turns em pretty good. Been in some real deep slop and pulled through nicely. Climbing, gotta use low gear but that's what its for. When I say slop I mean mud not water with a muddy bottom. I don't do deep water. I have a boat for that but I digress...
Lost some top end speed but was to be expected. On stockers I got 68 mph on this rubber topping out at 54 mph. I'm OK with that. These are HEAVY tires. But they claw through the crud and being 8 ply they will have great puncture resistance.
Having had STI Mudd Trax on a Zuke KQ750 for the last 7 yrs I will testify they make a good tire and very durable. Have a lot of use on hard pack,gravel and even road surface and they haven't loss much rubber. I'm optimistic the Outback will be as good.
I did not make any change to the rear shocks and there is a slight nose high attitude but I have not noticed any ill effects of this sans the trailer hitch having a downward attitude.
I hope someone make a swing arm that moves the front wheels forward a tad and that will fix my problem... until then, see ya out there!View attachment 9702 View attachment 9703 View attachment 9704 View attachment 9705 View attachment 9706 View attachment 9707 View attachment 9708 View attachment 9709
I just got a e-mail from high lifter they have a 2.5" for 189.95 i believe was the price check it out might be just what you need

Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great!! I thought about the Outbacks because I have herd they really smooth, but the weight was a little turn off for me. I'm going to go with a set of Interco Interforce tires at first then may get a set of Outbacks or Intimidators. Have you had them on any trails or rocks?
I have ridden trails on em. Nice ride little bumpy at slow speed but no worse than any other aggressive tread. No big rocks in my area but look forward to using them on rocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01 and Tot
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the same tires on mine with a 2" strongmade lift. Still rubs pretty bad, but they do measure a true 30" tall. I am happy with them

Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the same tires on mine with a 2" strongmade lift. Still rubs pretty bad, but they do measure a true 30" tall. I am happy with them
How much pressure are you running? I had em at 15 psi but dropped them to 10 and got rid of a lot of the rub. Give it a try, see if it make a diff for ya.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much pressure are you running? I had em at 15 psi but dropped them to 10 and got rid of a lot of the rub. Give it a try, see if it make a diff for ya.

I have 10 PSI in both mine as well. Its not terrible by any means, and I can still get around just fine on the trails. Thanks for the recommendation though.

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
Are these factory wheels? Are the front tires narrower than the rear? I'm getting 28 outbacks and will use factory wheels. Will they fit or will I need wider front wheels ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjmichael

tjmichael

Jul 29, 2016
hernando ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 30in blackwaters on my 1000 with no lift and they barely rub. Wondering if just a 2 in lift will stop the rubbing. Also found some forward arches front a arms. Guess I'll try the lift first then go to the arms of just the lift don't stop the rubbing.

Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 30in blackwaters on my 1000 with no lift and they barely rub. Wondering if just a 2 in lift will stop the rubbing. Also found some forward arches front a arms. Guess I'll try the lift first then go to the arms of just the lift don't stop the rubbing.
You would benefit better with the arms firs

Reactions: Lady01 and joeymt33
Arkansas_Rebel

Arkansas_Rebel

Aug 24, 2016
Arkansas
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope someone make a swing arm that moves the front wheels forward a tad and that will fix my problem... until then, see ya out there!View attachment 9702 View attachment 9703 View attachment 9704 View attachment 9705 View attachment 9706 View attachment 9707 View attachment 9708 View attachment 9709
Update on the tires... Curious if they wear good and how have they been on the axels?

red1329

red1329

Mar 4, 2021
central il
Ownership

1. 1000-5
id love some details on your set up.
first off how have your axles held up?

when you did your pipe spacers how tall did you cut the pipe?
i did 1"tall pipe and it came out to a 1.5" lift. everything I was reading said 1" spacer made for 2.5-3" lift.

i am looking at doing the cfab arms so i can buy 30" tires but if you think a spacer lift will cut it id be happy to save the 900$!!

lastly those mud tires help up well? I'm looking for a rim and tire set i just throw on when I go to the trails and mud pits. I have my current set up for my daily work life so I'm not to concerned on anything outside off of road play performance.

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
id love some details on your set up.
first off how have your axles held up?

when you did your pipe spacers how tall did you cut the pipe?
i did 1"tall pipe and it came out to a 1.5" lift. everything I was reading said 1" spacer made for 2.5-3" lift.

i am looking at doing the cfab arms so i can buy 30" tires but if you think a spacer lift will cut it id be happy to save the 900$!!

lastly those mud tires help up well? I'm looking for a rim and tire set i just throw on when I go to the trails and mud pits. I have my current set up for my daily work life so I'm not to concerned on anything outside off of road play performance.
you will need offset A arms to keep them from rubbing. i ran a 2.5in lift and my 30s rub like crap lol. superatv has offset arms and there good thats what im running and they are reasonable price you can get a member discount for them too

Reactions: red1329