P1000 Stock switch illumination

B

bigDvette

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could have sworn my 2018 LE had hands switches for mode and hill assist that were illuminated.

I have the service manual for the 2022 and the wiring diagram says switch and illumination.
Does anyone’s 2022 standard Honda switches for winch or mode or courtesy light … illuminate?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What 2022 model do you have?

Forest - is lighted
Trail - Unknown
Deluxe - IS NOT lighted and can not be.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, Then it should.
It will be very dull.
Have you checked at night.
You can't tell during the day.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335
S

Smooth Operator

Apr 5, 2021
Usk, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's a stock dashboard on a 2022 Forest model. All stock switches illuminate with white LEDs including the winch and hill assist.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks.
I can confirm on the Deluex. The bottom 3 On/Off switches are NOT illuminated and can not be made to do so.

Does anyone have a Trail model who can check?

Pieward

Pieward

Oct 2, 2021
Sw ark
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks.
I can confirm on the Deluex. The bottom 3 On/Off switches are NOT illuminated and can not be made to do so.

Does anyone have a Trail model who can check?
Are the three bottom switches pre wired

Reactions: Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Are the three bottom switches pre wired
Depends on what you consider "pre-wired".
But I say they are not as they do nothing by themselves.
Yes, they pass through the OEM wire harness but you must supply power to them.
You can't just hook something up and expect to cut it ON.

You have to provide it fused power via 1 wire.
The second wire is power output.

advertisement
P

PVAndy

Dec 1, 2021
North Haven CT
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Correct. 2022 Deluxe is not and can not be illuminated.
That's a real problem. I was on the road the other night and couldn't dim the headlights? Can the switches be replaced with illuminated ones?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That's a real problem. I was on the road the other night and couldn't dim the headlights? Can the switches be replaced with illuminated ones?
Anything can be wired up on your own once you buy illuminated switches.

But if you asking if you can just pull them out and slap in the lighted ones.... that's a big NO.

Main wire harness is different. You would need to custom wire them.

Last edited:
R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad to have found this thread, as I just tonight experienced the black hole that is the “deluxe“ dash in the dark. Seriously, Honda??? Not being able to locate switches in the dark is unsafe, and just plain cheap on your part. Even base models should have illuminated switch gear.

Is there a resource online we can access with wiring schematics? Guess I’ll be digging into this to see if I want to use the OEM switches from a Forest or go aftermarket.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
Hopefully Honda Trolls the Forums, but considering some of the issues along with customer experiences some have with their dealers it doesn't seem so. I often drive mine at night, and the light switch not being illuminated sucks. Very poor engineering and major failure of product development. Just like removing the standard offering of LED Head Lights for Halogen. They raise the price and remove standard equipment. Having installed LED Head Lights in my 2022 Deluxe, it was no easy task having to remove everything under the hood and removing the front body work was very time consuming and costly, plus their plastic seems to be made of wax as it mars and scratches very easily. I own several Kubota RTV SideKicks which have illuminated switches and LED Lighting standard. Installing Accessories on a Kubota doesn't require purchasing an accessory harnesses and disassembling the machine to do so. I like my Pioneer, but Honda has missed the mark on a lot of basic ergonomic issues. Lastly, I've never received the first survey from Honda regarding the purchase and owner experience. This is why so many of the dealers suck. I gave my dealer a cashiers check and they parked my machine out front on the sidewalk for me. I knew more about the machine than the sales person and the thrashing one takes regarding all the bull s*** fees is ridiculous, plus a direct reflection of Honda allowing this sort of behavior. Most major manufacturers often send surveys and base their dealer's ratings on the response they get from the consumer. If you suck at what you do, you don't get as much product to sell until you improve your behavior and if things persist, someone else ultimately winds up in your backdoor selling in your market. Would I purchase another, time will tell? Kubota had the same recall on their Sidekick as Honda did regarding the EPS. Kubota stopped production of their machine and gave their dealers a window of opportunity to inspect and repair all machines free of charge. If you didn't repair the ones in your market in a timely manner, you lose your dealer rating, plus other dealer perks only offered to elite status dealers. Curious if the Wiring Harness in my Deluxe supports the illuminated switches found on the aTrail and Forest models?

Reactions: RedorDead
H

HondaTech

Hopefully Honda Trolls the Forums, but considering some of the issues along with customer experiences some have with their dealers it doesn't seem so. I often drive mine at night, and the light switch not being illuminated sucks. Very poor engineering and major failure of product development. Just like removing the standard offering of LED Head Lights for Halogen. They raise the price and remove standard equipment. Having installed LED Head Lights in my 2022 Deluxe, it was no easy task having to remove everything under the hood and removing the front body work was very time consuming and costly, plus their plastic seems to be made of wax as it mars and scratches very easily. I own several Kubota RTV SideKicks which have illuminated switches and LED Lighting standard. Installing Accessories on a Kubota doesn't require purchasing an accessory harnesses and disassembling the machine to do so. I like my Pioneer, but Honda has missed the mark on a lot of basic ergonomic issues. Lastly, I've never received the first survey from Honda regarding the purchase and owner experience. This is why so many of the dealers suck. I gave my dealer a cashiers check and they parked my machine out front on the sidewalk for me. I knew more about the machine than the sales person and the thrashing one takes regarding all the bull s*** fees is ridiculous, plus a direct reflection of Honda allowing this sort of behavior. Most major manufacturers often send surveys and base their dealer's ratings on the response they get from the consumer. If you suck at what you do, you don't get as much product to sell until you improve your behavior and if things persist, someone else ultimately winds up in your backdoor selling in your market. Would I purchase another, time will tell? Kubota had the same recall on their Sidekick as Honda did regarding the EPS. Kubota stopped production of their machine and gave their dealers a window of opportunity to inspect and repair all machines free of charge. If you didn't repair the ones in your market in a timely manner, you lose your dealer rating, plus other dealer perks only offered to elite status dealers. Curious if the Wiring Harness in my Deluxe supports the illuminated switches found on the aTrail and Forest models?

When there is a recall Honda issues stop sale notices and we are penalized for selling those if not repaired.

Then the recall is avaliable forever until every unit is repaired. Our biggest problem with recalls is getting customers to bring them to us.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
When there is a recall Honda issues stop sale notices and we are penalized for selling those if not repaired.

Then the recall is avaliable forever until every unit is repaired. Our biggest problem with recalls is getting customers to bring them to us.
I wonder why?

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
Kubota covers our cost of going out and assessing and repairing or transportation to and from the store. They typically won't pay for such things, but given the complexity of the recall they will

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Because most of the time, it takes less than 10 minutes and loading it up and hauling to us is a nuisance.

We do everyone we can while the unit is in the building.
Exactly! My situation was a bit different, an hour each way.

advertisement