Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Ran across this today.
I like parts of it, some of it not so much.

This guy talks too much, and he's not willing to say somthing is a bad idea.
Maybe it's because he's Canadian and he's being polite.
(Appoligies to our neighbors to the north, we are too opinionated to be polite)

In the end, the method he uses is similar to what I like.
Attached to the frame.
Keep the straps more horizontal, the vehicle will still move around but it's not going anywhere.

I like the vidio of the trailer as they are driving, it helps you see what is going on.
My only add is this: place the hooks so if the strap dose go slack, the hook will not fall off.

The TFL offroad channel seams to be new.
Hoping they add good SxS stuff.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This method is similar to what I have always used without issue.
But I'm going to try the behind and around the wheel method next trip.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

So I’ve said it before but we’ll add it here too...

This works really really well... 1 3/4” exhaust hangers with a d-ring on the back lower rops. The front bumper has d rings with steel plate 3-4x 1/4” steel plate as a big washer behind each ring. The front uses $9 dollar rural king straps rated at 10k lbs.
And the back I’ve since swapped to a cut length of chain on each side with self capturing hooks. I put a little tension on the chains. And it’s in the right position on the trailer every time. Set the parking brake and tighten the front down with the straps. It does not move!
51CB98D6 801C 41AE 9058 E6EF123CEF78
CBD5E297 DB22 4A75 BC27 E7C4F543A6D9
ACB9E1BD 39A3 4330 9E2F D86C97ED8A21
63080A90 C022 4D8F A8AF AA6BEC2979CB

2" x 27' J Hook Tie Down Ratchet Strap 10,000 lb RTD227JH

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m tell’n ya.. it doesn’t move at all. And with the chains it can’t come loose.

Not disagreeing.

Saying there’s more than one way to skin a cat. I swore by the same method but I’m liking the over the tire method. The pioneer suspension takes some of the impact from a pothole instead of the trailer tires taking all of it.

J

JTW

Not disagreeing.

Saying there’s more than one way to skin a cat. I swore by the same method but I’m liking the over the tire method. The pioneer suspension takes some of the impact from a pothole instead of the trailer tires taking all of it.
I dunno... I just have some reservations about that.

Reactions: sharp
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did e track with over the tire straps. All the way to Colorado and back it never moved and that's with just 2 tires strapped. @nbomar did it that way in his camper

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did e track with over the tire straps. All the way to Colorado and back it never moved and that's with just 2 tires strapped. @nbomar did it that way in his camper

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It says two is good for 1500lbs I think. I did four for good measure.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I see just about all the vehicle transport rigs are using over the tire method.

I have 1" straps that I thread through the spokes of each tire. Then I use ratchet straps on all 4 corners. Also my straps are snap hooks not J hook type. I dont trust the J hook of you hot a big hole and the strap accidentally unloads while trailering.

Reactions: sharp
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I want to do over the tire someday. I was always thinking of recessed rings on the floor of my aluma but I always end up hauling a buddy's wheeler or cooler or something and my trailer floor would end up looking like swiss cheese trying to have a ring for every combination of loads.

Does etrack include mounting specs so that it's anchored well enough for all load locations? I mean does it require a crapload of holes or what?

When you're using just straps to the frame remember, electrical tape is your best freind. We have a couple of guys that go through straps like crazy on our trip to Canada. They don't get em tight enough, always seem to put their straps over sharp edges and never tape the hooks and loose strap tails. Which reminds me...

Get yourself or make straps that are the right length for your machine. Nothing worse than dealing with a big wad of extra strap for 900 miles.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use 4 of these car hauling straps.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005C2AS1W/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I use one of each of these wrapped around the front bumper, and one wrapped around the rear ROPS mounting.
https://www.amazon.com/Vulcan-Classic-1-Ply-Flexible-Strap/dp/B01MTQE46T/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I will take a few pics this weekend of it loaded when I bring it home from camp. I have had zero issues with this setup.

If someone wants to use the straps he used in the video, I agree with @Farmer cut the damn things to length. why roll up 15' ever time you trailer!

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I generally use my winch, some times some ducktape or dental floss. I have squirted some superglue under each tire before and it works keeping them from sliding around.

In all seriousness I would like to get some over the tire strap down, if I ever buy a trailer. Hard to install hardware on borrowed stuff. Seeing as I can haul the rig on the back of my truck. Maybe some day Ill just buy a trailer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!