Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does etrack include mounting specs so that it's anchored well enough for all load locations? I mean does it require a crapload of holes or what?

I believe E-track has holes every 3 inches along each side of the track. At a bare minimum, I would use nuts and bolts every other hole alternating side to side.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I believe E-track has holes every 3 inches along each side of the track. At a bare minimum, I would use nuts and bolts every other hole alternating side to side.

Ouch! Thats probably not going to happen then. I don't think I could bring myself to drilling that many holes in an aluminum trailer deck. Besides, if I remember correctly, I think there's a bazillion ribs under there to contend with.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use cargobuckles on the front bumper d rings and on the rear hitch safety chain holes. 4 cargobuckles. It doesn’t move and I can be strapped or un-strapped in about 60 seconds. I used the over the tire method also in my toyhauler because the d rings in the floor were known to rip out of the floor or break. I used to hook to the control arms for a more horizontal pull and to allow the suspension some flex but I think this could also be why my front lower arm bushings were toast so fast, so I changed my method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your other option is purchase the Erickson setup with chocks. You will be drilling 12 holes per wheel to mount.

Or keep doing it as you are now.
I bought a set of the Erickson over the wheel chocks, I never installed them, Just couldn't bring myself to start drilling thru the floor of my trailer either.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use cargobuckles on the front bumper d rings and on the rear hitch safety chain holes. 4 cargobuckles. It doesn’t move and I can be strapped or un-strapped in about 60 seconds. I used the over the tire method also in my toyhauler because the d rings in the floor were known to rip out of the floor or break. I used to hook to the control arms for a more horizontal pull and to allow the suspension some flex but I think this could also be why my front lower arm bushings were toast so fast, so I changed my method.

CargoBuckle F18800 G3 Retractable Ratchet Tie-Down System, 2-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030OGBCO/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Mine are about 8 years old. The plastic is cracking but the still are as smooth as butter for operation.

Reactions: Chooglin
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I bolted 3/8 D rings in front and behind each tire with steel backing under trailer wood
IMG 0133
IMG 0135
IMG 0137
floor to prevent pull thru. Got some 2 inch straps with locking snap hooks and ratchets with snap hooks from ebay all rated at 10,000 lb. went over the tires on all four and I will never haul it any other way again. I just towed it 3600 miles in one trip recently and never had to retighten my straps once. No wear and tear on straps,with protection sleeves on wear areas, nothing moves at all.On my small 10 ft trailer I run the front straps over and around the front pipe top as well to keep the sxs firmly pulled forward locked in place as well as down force on the front tires. The sxs rides on it's own suspension and the trailer's suspension making both tow better. There is 0 percent chance of this thing coming off my trailer. Me likey. Ratchet Straps

Buy the way you can get the 4 pack in the last picture very similar to what I use for $57.99 for all 4 and free shipping on ebay. Pretty hard to beat !

Last edited:
C

Chooglin

Reactions: TimG
J

JTW

I use 4 of these car hauling straps.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005C2AS1W/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I use one of each of these wrapped around the front bumper, and one wrapped around the rear ROPS mounting.
https://www.amazon.com/Vulcan-Classic-1-Ply-Flexible-Strap/dp/B01MTQE46T/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I will take a few pics this weekend of it loaded when I bring it home from camp. I have had zero issues with this setup.

If someone wants to use the straps he used in the video, I agree with @Farmer cut the damn things to length. why roll up 15' ever time you trailer!
I’ve looked at those full closure straps a time or two but just haven’t bought any yet..

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve looked at those full closure straps a time or two but just haven’t bought any yet..
use camelcamelcamel and set a notification for used ones.
All mine were bought used from Amazon, but were brand new our of the packaging. I don't think I paid more than $15 each.

Reactions: JTW
Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 1127
Been using the Erickson wheel chock setup for over a year now. Best method I've ever used. Just got back from a 3600 mile trip and never had any issues with straps loosening.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is reassuring to see you guys aren't using dollar store ratchet straps. A few of the guys we ride with use the cheapest ones available. How they can put that much trust into them is beyond me.

Reactions: Chooglin
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Ouch! Thats probably not going to happen then. I don't think I could bring myself to drilling that many holes in an aluminum trailer deck. Besides, if I remember correctly, I think there's a bazillion ribs under there to contend with.
I just did my aluma trailer this summer. Not gonna lie. It was painful at first to drill holes. But after a few it gets much easier. I just lined them up and measured out spacing between the ribs underneath. Used 8 bolts per 5ft piece of track, they arent going anywhere. Track is rigid as it is plus the load per bolt is all way more than the load of the machine against it. And as it's been said before, 2-3 min to load and tie down tops. I'm sure someone will say it needs more bolts, but the math doesn't lie, we've been running the same setup on another trailer that fits two machines for two seasons with no problems.

20180922 141106

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just did my aluma trailer this summer. Not gonna lie. It was painful at first to drill holes. But after a few it gets much easier. I just lined them up and measured out spacing between the ribs underneath. Used 8 bolts per 5ft piece of track, they arent going anywhere. Track is rigid as it is plus the load per bolt is all way more than the load of the machine against it. And as it's been said before, 2-3 min to load and tie down tops. I'm sure someone will say it needs more bolts, but the math doesn't lie, we've been running the same setup on another trailer that fits two machines for two seasons with no problems.

View attachment 89661

Makes tieing other things down much better too since you have tiedown points about every 4”

Last edited:
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I tied mine down like this today... worked fine. I just put new deck boards on the trailer and screwed down the track using tek screws. I only have two of the straps with the top strap... I may buy two more. The single strap works fine for the buggy but is too light for the tractor.

FredD

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadesmn
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 89661

Great! I'll leave a day early to Canada next spring and swing by your place so that you can do mine! LOL.

But seriously.... I see the track appears to be painted, did you use stainless fasteners since steel and aluminum don't play nicely together?

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Great! I'll leave a day early to Canada next spring and swing by your place so that you can do mine! LOL.

But seriously.... I see the track appears to be painted, did you use stainless fasteners since steel and aluminum don't play nicely together?
Come on by. Canada is just a handful of hours north from me. :D. And yes I did use stainless hardware and painted the track black to look a little prettier with the trailer. It was a weird greenish grey color that I didn't like so figured black would go well against the aluminum. Didn't take long to put them on with an extra set of hands, maybe 40 min which included pulling a couple short pieces off first that I did before I got the full length ones.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Come on by. Canada is just a handful of hours north from me. :D. And yes I did use stainless hardware and painted the track black to look a little prettier with the trailer. It was a weird greenish grey color that I didn't like so figured black would go well against the aluminum. Didn't take long to put them on with an extra set of hands, maybe 40 min which included pulling a couple short pieces off first that I did before I got the full length ones.

Good call on the stainless! I paint everything black. LOL

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!