3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I strap it down every which way on the back of truck but I will be adding tie down for my MACS straps that I use on my trailer. I used the wheel bonnets on my trailer going to mulberry and have to say I am very impressed in quality of the MACS tied downs

Truck white

B

Bruce4795

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Ran across this today.
I like parts of it, some of it not so much.

This guy talks too much, and he's not willing to say somthing is a bad idea.
Maybe it's because he's Canadian and he's being polite.
(Appoligies to our neighbors to the north, we are too opinionated to be polite)

In the end, the method he uses is similar to what I like.
Attached to the frame.
Keep the straps more horizontal, the vehicle will still move around but it's not going anywhere.

I like the vidio of the trailer as they are driving, it helps you see what is going on.
My only add is this: place the hooks so if the strap dose go slack, the hook will not fall off.

The TFL offroad channel seams to be new.
Hoping they add good SxS stuff.

I had trouble with straps coming loose on my Pioneer 500. I decided to try the Cabellas tire tie down system. I have found it works well, stays tight, and after a 300 mile trip with 25 miles of washboard roads it was still secure. Use the slots closest to the tire when possible as I found the outer slot did loosen and fall off on washboards. No issues at all when using the inner slot.

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X

You're using the same Echo trailer that I've used for years to haul my two Grizzly 700's. Best trailer I've ever owned BY FAR. Well built, nicely finished, metal floor, very secure sideways load with the splayed rails. I'm new to the SxS game, but will be using the same trailer to haul my new Talon. Glad to see your pics here, as it inspires confidence in the trailer for this different application. Thinking I may go ahead and pull the trigger on the Erickson tie down method you're using too.

Steve

Reactions: Rockydog

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!