P700 Stuck in reverse

H

Hogisland42

Mar 7, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
My pioneer shifts hard ocassionally going from forward to reverse or vice versa. Assumed it was normal because it has done it since I bought it. The other day I put it into reverse and then went to go forward and it stayed in reverse. I tried and tried. I finally had to go underneath and shift it into forward by hand. And it still doing that. Anyone have this happen. It is not even a year old yet. I may have to take it to the dealer but it is a pain because of work and it being 45 minutes away. I would fix it myself if I can figure it out. Any ideas?????

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My pioneer shifts hard ocassionally going from forward to reverse or vice versa. Assumed it was normal because it has done it since I bought it. The other day I put it into reverse and then went to go forward and it stayed in reverse. I tried and tried. I finally had to go underneath and shift it into forward by hand. And it still doing that. Anyone have this happen. It is not even a year old yet. I may have to take it to the dealer but it is a pain because of work and it being 45 minutes away. I would fix it myself if I can figure it out. Any ideas?????
I would thoroughly check your linkage, sounds like something isn’t adjusted right. If you can shift to forward by hand then you should be able to with the lever.

Reactions: Mudwing
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
would try some white grease silicone spray down the cable too, probably sat outside from the time It was made. don't use wd for cables. silicone and white lithium don't freeze or collect much crap

H

Hogisland42

Mar 7, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have been using it all winter in the woods, and this spring sugaring. You think I just have water intrusion from the snow. It has warmed up enough so it isn't frozen. I guess I will have to get someone to shift it while I watch underneath to see what it does

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
when they site outside like at dealers they get full of crap, could be rust or whatever. cold will make it worse whether its froze or not the spay will help displace moisture and keep further intrusion down

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
mine is a 2014 and its never been covered or sat under cover. check your linkage spring while someone shifts. same thing happened to my dads big red but the it was locked in 4wd. check the arm and springs are moving right. it might be a simple nut loosened and doesnt let it shift into drive. im assuming its shifting into neutral from reverse?.

H

Hogisland42

Mar 7, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nope once it is in reverse it stays in reverse.

H

Hogisland42

Mar 7, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well I finally had time to look at it. Looks like a simple fix. One of the bolts that holds the shift cable bracket on fell out. So when I shift into drive it would twist.. hope this helps if anyone else has the same problem

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!