100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anybody use one of those steering knobs on your wheel, and does it help with the lack of power steering and therefore reduce muscle tension and strain?

R

Rustell

Does anybody use one of those steering knobs on your wheel, and does it help with the lack of power steering and therefore reduce muscle tension and strain?

Tried one for a very,very brief time. Good way to break your arm.
I put it on my lawn mower.

Reactions: Miss_Oak and rocmar
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I've never felt that it needed power steering, but that's why I stayed with 8" wide tires, the wider they are the harder they are going to be to turn

Reactions: rocmar
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I have one on my 700, with power steering, i love it, especially when your in tight spots. The only problem I have with it is twice I've almost driven my truck off the road while coming into a corner reaching for the knob that's not there. But I tend to drive the pioneer more than my truck so its just habit.

Reactions: Gator and 100Acre
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had nothing to do with making turning easier. It had everything to do with making steering changes much quicker and also allows me to hold with my left hand rather than hand over hand steering, (power steering). I don't know about non power models. It works well for me and that's all that matters.;)

Last edited:
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
without having power steering its a good way to hurt yourself. catch a good rock or rut using it and it will whip the wheel and whatever else right around with it.

Thats good to know. Thanks. We have one on our forklift (with no powersteering) that ive used since i was just a kid so i didnt realize it would be dangerous on the p5.

Last edited:
Reactions: 100Acre
advertisement
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thats good to know. Thanks. We have one on our forklift (with no powersteering) that ive used since i was just a kid so i didnt realize it would be dangerous on the p5.
LMAO, we had 4 wheelers and motorcycles.

"Daddy, I'm bored." "Here baby girl, take the forklift for a spin"

If you've grown up with the suicide knob, I think your safe to use one on the P5.

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
LMAO, we had 4 wheelers and motorcycles.

"Daddy, I'm bored." "Here baby girl, take the forklift for a spin"

If you've grown up with the suicide knob, I think your safe to use one on the P5.

Hahahaha thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!