Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
started on my front A-Arms last night. Tried going by the service manual but was having trouble getting to the bottom a arm ball joint nut so ended up taking the hub off. got one side done, but getting the castle nut off my passenger axle has been a task without an impact gun that big enough.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you tried using a breaker bar and hitting it with a big hammer to knock it loose that has worked for me in the past

Reactions: BWAF and Ragnar406
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Have you tried using a breaker bar and hitting it with a big hammer to knock it loose that has worked for me in the past

Tried that yesterday. sprayed it with penetrating oil so it can sit till i have time to get back to it.

Reactions: BWAF
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hard part is keeping it from rotating when hitting it with a hammer. Im using a c clamp to hold it in place, but that still slips a little

Reactions: pct
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
started on my front A-Arms last night. Tried going by the service manual but was having trouble getting to the bottom a arm ball joint nut so ended up taking the hub off. got one side done, but getting the castle nut off my passenger axle has been a task without an impact gun that big enough.

I have used the Pioneer as an excuse to rebuild my tool assortment.
That and projects my wife wants done, "To do that the RIGHT way, I need a better (saw,drill,air compressor, plasma cutter) honey"

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hard part is keeping it from rotating when hitting it with a hammer. Im using a c clamp to hold it in place, but that still slips a little
Put a bar or long screw driver in between the studs and let that catch on the floor.

Reactions: Dragon21 and BWAF
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Put a bar or long screw driver in between the studs and let that catch on the floor.
Trying to stay out of the studs so I don’t mess up the threads. But that did cross my mind.

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another option, is have someone stand on the brakes while trying to budge the nut. This works better on fullsize vehicles with power assist though.

Reactions: pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Windy that is what I was going to mention HaHa

Reactions: Windrock1000
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!