Super ATV front driveshaft

I

Iridepink

Aug 16, 2024
Western MA
Ownership

1. Talon R
First, I will start with a pic of my rig!!

IMG 1143

Now for the question. Has anyone had any experiences with the Super ATV cv style front driveshaft. I have tried searching the forums with no luck finding any information about them.

Thanks, Steve

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 441340

Now for the question. Has anyone had any experiences with the Super ATV cv style front driveshaft. I have tried searching the forums with no luck finding any information about them.

Thanks, Steve

I think that’s one of the primary threads you are looking for. But yes I’ve seen several members put these cv driveshafts in and say it quieted down the ride quite a bit.

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: SuperATV and 906UP
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

If/when my u-joints fail, I'll be replacing it with one of SATV's CV driveshafts just because it has to be better than what Honda supplied. :mad:

Check out these two threads for some basic Talon information.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Mine really cut out almost all for the chatter/roaring.

SuperATV is currently sold-out of them.
That includes my listing here --->

discount code SUPERATV

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

View attachment 441340

Thanks, Steve
yes, get one as soon as you can. I've had mine in for a couple years now, I got it when they first came out and it's been one of the best upgrades I've done. It got rid of a lot of the driveline chatter & vibration I had in the 4wd system since new.

advertisement
AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
I put one in mine and it did quiet things down a bit. We replaced my friend's when he lost a u-joint cap on his OEM. If you decide to go this way have a buddy help and soak the snot out of the ring groove with WD or penetrating oil where the clip in the front diff is. Makes life WAY easier.

Reactions: 906UP and CID
mmuchow

mmuchow

Feb 20, 2021
Pittsburgh
Ownership

1. Talon X
I installed the SATV Front Driveshaft about a year ago and have about 600 miles on it with no complaints. The drive line noise has quieted down significantly compared to the oem front driveshaft. If available I’d recommend getting one.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
They are very nice to say the least, he's got a rubber damper on the front as well that helps to quell some of the noise in the front joint.

Eliminate the front clutch, lose the front splined yoke/snap ring setup and then have a driveshaft built at a regular ol driveshaft shop using Honda yokes and U joint sizes and the vibrations go away. My car will run up to 85mph with zero driveshaft vibration now. Smooth as silk 😁

Chad called and asked me about that setup this morning "for a customer". Sorry bud it's a one off and I can't remember exactly how we made it. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Eliminate the front clutch, lose the front splined yoke/snap ring setup and then have a driveshaft built at a regular ol driveshaft shop using Honda yokes and U joint sizes and the vibrations go away. My car will run up to 85mph with zero driveshaft vibration now. Smooth as silk 😁

Chad called and asked me about that setup this morning "for a customer". Sorry bud it's a one off and I can't remember exactly how we made it. 🤣🤣🤣

That's damm hilarious

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have both of the different driveshafts offered installed to see if the golden one was any better than the SATV shaft. At this point in time we have not noticed that one is quieter than the other one. And if the SATV one holds up to our abuse then it is definitely a win! At this point if I need to replace the one in our 3rd machine I will be using the SATV shaft. But have no complaints about the 2 Trac one either. It is a super nice and well built shaft that I have no doubt will not break. It’s in the turbo Talon. Man that was a lot of shaft talk….nomo!

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I would also suggest buying a new clip for the install. The best way I’ve found to do it is to cut one side of the ear clip off and then pull it through the opposite way. Not only does it come out easy but it also helps clean out the groove for reinstalling the new one.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R