P700 Super ATV Screwed Me, Don't Let Them Get You Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JTW

Everything on these machines fits like sh** if you're critical about it. The biggest factor being that the bodies are made of plastic and put together with plastic push pins, which works pretty well actually...lots of expansion and contraction going on and memory based on fastening points. Have made many custom pieces for a P5 and sweat every detail. That being said, if you were to strip these off and put them on a shelf or in a box for a few months and then send them to someone else, they probably wouldn't fit perfect but should be pretty damn close. It would be left to the installer to tweak and massage them into a happy place. FWIW
Will you tweak and massage me into a happy place? I love it when you talk all sexual!

T

tapaugh

Jan 14, 2020
Wantage, NJ
Ownership

1. 500
Just to give an update on my situation, I worked about 4 hours on the windshield this weekend. I loosened everything, top and bottom and tried to make some adjustments. Bottom line, I've got no appreciable improvement. As I said from the beginning, I believe my windshield is warped but I'm not going there again. Frankly, at the moment I just don't have the energy or patience to keep screwing around with it. Thanks to all who made helpful suggestions.

J

JTW

Just to give an update on my situation, I worked about 4 hours on the windshield this weekend. I loosened everything, top and bottom and tried to make some adjustments. Bottom line, I've got no appreciable improvement. As I said from the beginning, I believe my windshield is warped but I'm not going there again. Frankly, at the moment I just don't have the energy or patience to keep screwing around with it. Thanks to all who made helpful suggestions.
Have you tried a BFH??

E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have exactly the same problem but am living with it I got around the same time as you did. I dinkrd with it to no avail but it works for me as it is but its not perfect.

Reactions: stellarpod
T

tapaugh

Jan 14, 2020
Wantage, NJ
Ownership

1. 500
I have exactly the same problem but am living with it I got around the same time as you did. I dinkrd with it to no avail but it works for me as it is but its not perfect.
As I said before, if you spend this much money on a product, it should fit and perform correctly. It shouldn't be something that's close that you can "live" with it.

T

Tom Nutt

Jan 19, 2022
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon X4
As I said before, if you spend this much money on a product, it should fit and perform correctly. It shouldn't be something that's close that you can "live" with it.
Little late on this thread I know but I was searching for some help with my talon x-4 same windshield, wondering if anyone else had this prob so I'm going to add my experience for the next man. I purchased my flip up windshield and most of my other accessories, through Amazon as they have a great return policy. The first one I'd bought was giving me the same problem, bent up on the edges about an inch at first after many adjustments closed it up to about 3/4. I thought it was warped so I returned it and decided to go with the much cheaper one on Amazon that was 280 dollars instead of the super ATV $400. It's the same windshield. Anyways , I installed the new with the same exact results. Theirs about a 3/4 inch cap on the ends but I can live with it because I really like the function of the flip up windshield. The shocks are super stiff I have to reach around and push down while pulling on the handle. if there was a screw adjustment on the shocks like the shock on a storm door that adjusts the tension, maybe that'd help some.

Reactions: toddvdh and 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had Super ATV flip up windshields on my 500 and on my 1000. I love them both. The gas shocks gave out on my 1000 windshield before the windshield and the windshield took multiple hits by big branches and even large boulders as I managed to roll her on her side on occasion. That windshield is well worth it’s weight in gold. Very pleased with my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!