P1000 Super ATV Windshield rubs Honda Roof?

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
So I got my back panel, roof, and SATV flip out installed last night. Man, that windshield was a little tricky installing alone, but its is on there. It does however slightly touch the Honda factory roof at full open. I ran out of time trying to adjust that out of it last night, but don't think I can lower it anymore. Did anyone have this issue? How did you address it? I adjusted the roof up as far as possible. Thinking I may have to put some washers in around the front center roof clamps to space it up a little?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I got my back panel, roof, and SATV flip out installed last night. Man, that windshield was a little tricky installing alone, but its is on there. It does however slightly touch the Honda factory roof at full open. I ran out of time trying to adjust that out of it last night, but don't think I can lower it anymore. Did anyone have this issue? How did you address it? I adjusted the roof up as far as possible. Thinking I may have to put some washers in around the front center roof clamps to space it up a little?
I installed 2 of them on my rigs and have not had them touching the roof. Maybe someone else has had this problem.

B

Bluepine

Dec 25, 2019
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the same issue as you, I haven't done anything yet. I was thinking about adding spacers in between the roof clamps. Windshield is adjusted as low as possible. I bought the window in January.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t have that problem at all. 🤔

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I just added longer bolts thru the roof to the center two clamps. They are 25mm long. 30mm woulda been better. I stacked two black zinc plated nuts between those clamp brackets and the roof. I now have about 3/8 to 1/2 in between the windshield and roof. Don’t know it that will work when going down the road. I don’t like it but it works and is a temporary solution so I can ride some and try out the new machine this evening. Gonna get started on the Honda door install tonight. Kinda dreading that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just added longer bolts thru the roof to the center two clamps. They are 25mm long. 30mm woulda been better. I stacked two black zinc plated nuts between those clamp brackets and the roof. I now have about 3/8 to 1/2 in between the windshield and roof. Don’t know it that will work when going down the road. I don’t like it but it works and is a temporary solution so I can ride some and try out the new machine this evening. Gonna get started on the Honda door install tonight. Kinda dreading that.

I just checked mine and have well over a inch of room. I cant make mine hit even when trying to over extend the windshield. I'm betting u have a bracket or something backwards.
20200317 181458

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Thanks for the pic. I have nowhere near that even when spacing the roof. Hell, I may have a roof bracket oriented the wrong way. I tried to follow the pics on the instructions but may have got one off. I figured they were right. The roof followed the ROPS above the door openings nicely. Didn’t pull like it was in a bind anywhere. I’ll take some pics of what I’ve got when we get back from our maiden voyage and you all can tell me if this looks right. I appreciate the help and info.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
These are the two front outermost clamps from the driver’s seat.

0fe377c3dbbdc8a8b48621f18b3f9a62
A1eb2338d11dd0dffbba5cc5837a6968

advertisement
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Roof/windshield clearance with 1/2 inch of spacer...

Fcff7572a488656d89ca7fbcaf2d488e

B27e708b12719e2414b748c5dcbc7862
7d584ba6f030c9ca930ed7bc5babb96f

Hopefully y’all can tell me that I have mounted something improperly.

Then we can talk about the “whah whah whah whah” noise from the ass end at 25-30mph. Feels like I have a warped wheel or severely out of round or out of balance tire above 25. Shakey. I thought maybe flat spots in tires where it is a 2018 left over? Or maybe the toe (doesn’t look bad tho. Told them to check before pickup.)

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Question, why would some folk have the clearance issue and others don't? Mine has plenty of clearance and frankly, I don't see how it would be different for anyone. Aren't all of these things built the same?

B

Bluepine

Dec 25, 2019
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm one of the people that have a problem, roof is mounted correctly, windshield is mounted as low as possible. Maybe small changes in manufacturing the roof and window I don't know. Frustrating!

Reactions: Lady01
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I'm one of the people that have a problem, roof is mounted correctly, windshield is mounted as low as possible. Maybe small changes in manufacturing the roof and window I don't know. Frustrating!

The roof manufacturing is sloppy imo. The passenger side of the section they @Hondasxs recommended trimming is obviously lower visibly shows more material. The passenger side of the roof leaves the ROPS visible. The drivers side roof, however, hangs below the ROPS, interfering with the closure and opening of the door.

I have no doubts that this is a mechanically superior machine to other brands. It is also fit and finished with superior materials. How the hell can Honda build a fine a product as this and drip the ball so bad on fitment off cab accessories?

My two buddies drive Rangers and they are not even in the same league in any category.... other than accessory fitment. Is it that hard? Hell, copy Polaris!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The roof manufacturing is sloppy imo. The passenger side of the section they @Hondasxs recommended trimming is obviously lower visibly shows more material. The passenger side of the roof leaves the ROPS visible. The drivers side roof, however, hangs below the ROPS, interfering with the closure and opening of the door.

I have no doubts that this is a mechanically superior machine to other brands. It is also fit and finished with superior materials. How the hell can Honda build a fine a product as this and drip the ball so bad on fitment off cab accessories?

My two buddies drive Rangers and they are not even in the same league in any category.... other than accessory fitment. Is it that hard? Hell, copy Polaris!

Its worth checking that the roof is installed correctly.

Bracket in wrong location and backwards clamps are the usualy problems.

The instructions are crap so its easy to get it the brackets mixed up. Several dealer installed roofs haven been wrong and there fix was to bend the brackets and force a fit.

Ill find a helpful post on this.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5