P1000 SuperATV flip up windshield rattle

B

bldmtnrider

Jan 8, 2021
Longmont, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How bad does everyone's SATV flip up windshield rattle over bumps? Far as I can tell the windshield is hitting the mounting brackets enough that there are contact scratches on the windshield itself.

Is this fix simply adding some thin rubber to keep the rattle down or do I have something installed incorrectly?

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Seems like I did add some rubber there?

I am getting a noise in the latch. I can unlatch the windshield, but still leave it in the closed position, and it stops. Not sure if I need to tighten the bolt and nut that holds the latch on at the top, or maybe add a little grease to the contact and moving parts.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How bad does everyone's SATV flip up windshield rattle over bumps? Far as I can tell the windshield is hitting the mounting brackets enough that there are contact scratches on the windshield itself.

Is this fix simply adding some thin rubber to keep the rattle down or do I have something installed incorrectly?
Mine doesn't rattle?

B

bldmtnrider

Jan 8, 2021
Longmont, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK, I may try tightening up the latch a touch and adding some rubber where the windshield contacts the mounting hardware. With only a single latch in the middle I suspect I'll still have some rattles just from the windshield flexing so the rubber will probably be a necessity. Seems like the only thing that really rattles on that machine.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve had to adjust mine once but for the most part it doesn’t rattle.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Adam's post accurately describes the sound I get from the latch when closed! Increased stereo volume and extra beers does make it seem like less of a problem.

I agree. My window does the same. Some rubber gasket in stragetic places helps.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There’s all kinds of weather stripping of different sizes and thickness that will stop all the rattles. Only takes a couple of minutes.

advertisement
B

bldmtnrider

Jan 8, 2021
Longmont, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No rattle on mine. I spent quite a bit of time adjusting it but its good to go and rattle free. Too bad I'm about to cut it down for roof chop - my luck is it will rattle then... lol
I'm just not sure what I would adjust. About the only lever I have to pull is moving around the center clamp. The rattle is coming from the bottom of the upper half on each side. The clamp is tight, but when I hit a bump the windshield flexes out away from the lower clamp, thus the rattle. Seems like there is just not enough rigidity in the windshield to keep the thing straight up against the weather stripping over a bump. I still have to fiddle with it but I'll get something figured out. I was riding a pretty rocky road so not super surprised.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!