P1000 SuperATV Flip Windshield

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Russ, the pic of your upper and bottom coming together on the seal is deal, I just can't get that to meet up. I could only try to force the bottom section down harder but don't want crazy pressure on the dash plastics.
Interesting, I just installed mine and it fits perfect where the lower and upper meet. I wonder if your lower is mounted too high. Few pics of mine and the mounting location.
615B3D85 B144 47AF A0D4 2F9A7DC1ABC0
AB5A3A50 9321 4F3B B38C FA8DA767176A
0E2AA1D5 DAE6 43AF 84C7 1262D851FFC0

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Russ, the pic of your upper and bottom coming together on the seal is deal, I just can't get that to meet up. I could only try to force the bottom section down harder but don't want crazy pressure on the dash plastics.
It took a few attempts lol.

Reactions: EMAW and JenElio
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you very much for the pics, I will compare those to where my lower portion bracket is located on the front pillar. I think, I may be able to drop the lower portion slightly if I push on the bulb gasket a little more. I see yours is pretty compressed, I don't know if mine is quite that tight on the bottom. Thanks again!

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I pushed down on it hard to get it to seal better. Also you may have to go up more on top, I think I loosened the mounting bolts as well and might of gotten a little adj out of them.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay, I tried to get the bottom portion lower by loosening the left and right brackets and pulling down, then tightening them. I think the upper and lower are lined up at the weatherstrip. But then I see the upper portion on the driver side is touching the large bar clamp for the bracket. The passenger side is not touching the clamp on that side.

IMG 8389 IMG 8390 IMG 8391 IMG 8392

Reactions: EMAW and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Okay, I tried to get the bottom portion lower by loosening the left and right brackets and pulling down, then tightening them. I think the upper and lower are lined up at the weatherstrip. But then I see the upper portion on the driver side is touching the large bar clamp for the bracket. The passenger side is not touching the clamp on that side.

View attachment 242152 View attachment 242153 View attachment 242154 View attachment 242155
Loosen the bolts on the actual windshield and push/twist the clamps/brackets till they line up

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

View attachment 242152 View attachment 242153 View attachment 242154 View attachment 242155
Mine took a bit of persuasion to get it just right, but she'll go 👍

advertisement
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just in case they do check in on this thread, hey @SuperATV, is it possible to retrofit these windshields with the dual latches that the flip up windshields for the Wolverine have? That would solve a lot of our problems.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Just in case they do check in on this thread, hey @SuperATV, is it possible to retrofit these windshields with the dual latches that the flip up windshields for the Wolverine have? That would solve a lot of our problems.
Hey!!
Good question! I've never tried it. They're cnc'd, so I'm sure you'd probably have to do some drilling or cutting to make them line up....but if you're creative, I've seen crazier stuff.
I think a lot of these fitment issues come down to making sure that lower seal is completely engaged. You really have to get it up on there. That's why we recommend soaking it in hot hot water, and tapping it on with a deadblow. Its a tight fit, but it'll go on further.

Reactions: Mudwing
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey!!
Good question! I've never tried it. They're cnc'd, so I'm sure you'd probably have to do some drilling or cutting to make them line up....but if you're creative, I've seen crazier stuff.
I think a lot of these fitment issues come down to making sure that lower seal is completely engaged. You really have to get it up on there. That's why we recommend soaking it in hot hot water, and tapping it on with a deadblow. Its a tight fit, but it'll go on further.

I spent a couple hours yesterday pushing, pulling, tweaking, and twisting every adjustment and connection this thing has. Even took the lower half off and soaked the seal in hot water and reinstalled it to make sure that wasn’t the issue... The ONLY thing I’ve been able to find that makes the top half sit properly against the bottom half is removing the drivers side lift strut. For some reason that strut is fighting the windshield and not allowing it to close fully. The issue has been on the drivers side the whole time, passenger side has never been an issue.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I spent a couple hours yesterday pushing, pulling, tweaking, and twisting every adjustment and connection this thing has. Even took the lower half off and soaked the seal in hot water and reinstalled it to make sure that wasn’t the issue... The ONLY thing I’ve been able to find that makes the top half sit properly against the bottom half is removing the drivers side lift strut. For some reason that strut is fighting the windshield and not allowing it to close fully. The issue has been on the drivers side the whole time, passenger side has never been an issue.
Did you put the lift struts on the correct side? Here is a close up of how it looks mounted up, can’t interfere.

BEF99330 91E9 4FF9 9976 2E3890EAC1E5

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For s***s and giggles I would swap them out and see if the problem changes sides.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For s***s and giggles I would swap them out and see if the problem changes sides.

I think I might do that

Did you put the lift struts on the correct side? Here is a close up of how it looks mounted up, can’t interfere.

pretty sure I got it right. Here’s what mine looks like. Note: a couple things might look out of whack in this picture because I haven’t tightened everything back up yet

F12EFB58 6E26 4A05 95BD A2DC2AB7FBA6

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update: swapped the drivers side & passenger side lift struts, same results. Drivers side of upper half won’t seat against lower half.

Reactions: EMAW
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update: swapped the drivers side & passenger side lift struts, same results. Drivers side of upper half won’t seat against lower half.
Did you verify you have the correct top mounts the strut connects to mounted on each side? These were not mounted to the windshield top in the box, wondering if you need to flip them and not so much the strut.

Reactions: EMAW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!