P1000 SuperATV Flip Windshield

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sure I got it right when I installed everything, but I can’t find the installation instructions at the moment. Here’s a pic of the top mounts & bracket on the drivers side.

18302DC5 79A1 4E71 B22E D172FCE02E63

Reactions: EMAW
F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed this windshield and it took me over 3 hours. The key is to loosen every single gosh darn screw and bolt.......... let it settle in and shake it with both hands. Move it around. Then slowly tighten items. Go from the top left corner to the bottom right.........then top right to bottom left......... gotta do it gradually and slowly. Then when it's all nice and snug only THEN go tighten down the world. If you do it right it won't rattle. But you gotta be patient with it. Go slow. If you rush it you'll have a rattling windshield.

kaspar139

kaspar139

May 10, 2021
Conroe, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Grateful for this thread... actively considering this purchase for my 1000... On the Amazon reviews, a guy noted soaking the rubber seal for the lower half of the windshield to allow better flexibility to seat it properly (not sure if this is the same seal in question).

https://amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2NSTIR3JUC4IR/?tag=sxsweb24-20

UPDATE: Noted that if I would have read the WHOLE thread... this was covered :) sorry!

I also want to be able to trailer the windshield closed and not worry about it flying off or getting damaged... I don't normally trailer ANYTHING at 75-80 mph as that is out of my comfort zone!

Last edited:
S

scdaf

Mar 31, 2021
central Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had an SATV windshield on my Teryx and bungied both lower corners when trailering, probably overkill, but it eliminated a concern. When we got the Purt'neer, just had the dealer put on the factory windshield. I prefer the double latch.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just towed mine 1800 miles, no issue running interstate speeds.

Reactions: SuperATV

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!