P1000 SuperATV winch and mounting plate

J

JonDev

Jun 16, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently mounted a SuperATV 5000 lb winch on my 1000-5 using the SuperATV mounting plate (mounts to the bottom of the frame). I have the factory bumper on my machine and the winch line is angled up to the hole in the bumper, even though I mounted the winch upside down so that it would spool from the top (the line is actually hitting the rod?? that goes across the winch spool). I'm thinking that the winch will bend the bumper down if I put a load on it. Has anybody experienced this issue and maybe have solutions? I thought about cutting a hole lower in the bumper to lower the fairlead so that the winch pulls straight.

B

Bigadj

Sep 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently mounted a SuperATV 5000 lb winch on my 1000-5 using the SuperATV mounting plate (mounts to the bottom of the frame). I have the factory bumper on my machine and the winch line is angled up to the hole in the bumper, even though I mounted the winch upside down so that it would spool from the top (the line is actually hitting the rod?? that goes across the winch spool). I'm thinking that the winch will bend the bumper down if I put a load on it. Has anybody experienced this issue and maybe have solutions? I thought about cutting a hole lower in the bumper to lower the fairlead so that the winch pulls straight.
Did you ever cut the hole and relocate the fairlead? Just got my winch installed today and noticed the horrible angle and was thinking of doing this, but thought I'd come on here and see if it worked, or didn't work, for anyone before I cut up my bumper

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I swapped winch mounts recently to the EMP mount it lines the fairlead and the bottom of the winch spoil up perfectly.

Reactions: JTW
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you ever cut the hole and relocate the fairlead? Just got my winch installed today and noticed the horrible angle and was thinking of doing this, but thought I'd come on here and see if it worked, or didn't work, for anyone before I cut up my bumper

I cut mine. I don't use the stock bumper anymore but I still have it.

G

goheelzfan

May 7, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used the KFI mount kit for my Warn Axon 45-S. I have the same angle issue. Has anyone had problems with this or does it just look like a problem?

Wisco_rider

Wisco_rider

Apr 25, 2020
Hartland,wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the viper mount, because the satv mount was back ordered, which has you mount the winch upside down....barely any angle at all.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!