P500 SUPERWINCH LT 4000 SYNTHETIC

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I’m looking at the superwinch LT 4000 synthetic. $210 on Amazon. Does anyone know what all comes with this winch. I know it comes with the rocker switch and wired remote. Is anything else included with it? I know there’s a few folks here who have this winch and thought I’d ask before calling or emailing superwinch. Thanks

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It's a complete install kit. Everything you need except the mounting plate is in that kit.
With the 500, most people mount the contract up front. If so, you need to switch the wires around using the yellow/blue to run to the battery and the Red/Black to run to the winch.
I would maybe pick up a posi-tap so you can tap key on power.
Quick google should find all the parts. Standby.

Reactions: HP5NC
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This is the lt 3000 the 4000 should have about the same.
I see the wires are both red/black. They "SHOULD" be long enough.

compare-superwinch-lt3000atv-vs-terra-lt2500-atv-winch-wiring-diagram-diagram.jpg

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
This is the lt 3000 the 4000 should have about the same.
I see the wires are both red/black. They "SHOULD" be long enough.

compare-superwinch-lt3000atv-vs-terra-lt2500-atv-winch-wiring-diagram-diagram.jpg

In the bottom right corner of the photo the red wire is that a quick disconnect??? Also I plan on using the Honda accessory sub harness as well. Only other electrical accessories I foresee adding in the future is a rear work light/backup light and possibly a 6” LED in the front. I think with the Acc sub harness I should be able to accommodate that. Hopefully. I’m no electrician by any means. I’ve wired a winch up before but that was years ago. Processes and techniques and electronics in general have progressed. I’ve read of some folks using a “buss bar”? When wiring this stuff up. Idk gets over my head like I said no electrician here.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
In the bottom right corner of the photo the red wire is that a quick disconnect??? Also I plan on using the Honda accessory sub harness as well. Only other electrical accessories I foresee adding in the future is a rear work light/backup light and possibly a 6” LED in the front. I think with the Acc sub harness I should be able to accommodate that. Hopefully. I’m no electrician by any means. I’ve wired a winch up before but that was years ago. Processes and techniques and electronics in general have progressed. I’ve read of some folks using a “buss bar”? When wiring this stuff up. Idk gets over my head like I said no electrician here.
Quick disconnect??? There is not a quick disconnect with this kit. But you can add one in and wire it 100 different ways if you like. But, do you want simple and done or complicated and over thought? lol.
I can only help you with the simple and done. haha.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Quick disconnect??? There is not a quick disconnect with this kit. But you can add one in and wire it 100 different ways if you like. But, do you want simple and done or complicated and over thought? lol.
I can only help you with the simple and done. haha.

Simple and done absolutely. I just wasn’t sure in the kit pictured what the red wire with metal box on it was (bottom right corner of the pic) am I right in going with the Honda accessory sub harness?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The red cable/silver box looks like a thermal circuit breaker......think of it as a fuse that resets itself when it cools off. I used a tap off the Honda accessory harness also.

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Circuit breaker.mine fit in battery box alongside battery(Terra 4500.).definitely get sub harness.i have my winch,small light bar,and rear lights(soon) on it.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Circuit breaker.mine fit in battery box alongside battery(Terra 4500.).definitely get sub harness.i have my winch,small light bar,and rear lights(soon) on it.

You have the red wire shown in the pic with the circuit breaker in the batter box hooked to the batter correct? That what your saying? I’ll definetly get the Honda accessory sub harness. Should work well with winch 6” LED light bar in the front and a work light back up light/cube in the rear.

Off topic here but with the rear light how do y’all have them mounted? I ask because I want to get the rear soft cover from Honda that zips evenutally and I don’t think putting the light on the cage will work when the rear panel is on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!