P500 Superwinch install with sub harness

R

rsttoole

Sep 22, 2018
Boise, id
Ownership

1. 500
I am a newbie trying to learn.
I have a new P500 and just mounted my Terra 35 superwinch. I am not at my p500 right now.
Now I want to mount the plug for the remote. I have the Honda sub harness installed.
My plug has 3 wires coming from it. I read that you need to use the wire on the sub harness with the green tape (aren't these all the same). Is that one wire when I unwrap it? So the red wire would go to the sub harness??? The green and black would go to the relay?
Just trying to figure this out before I go out there.
thanks

Reactions: Chooglin
R

rsttoole

Sep 22, 2018
Boise, id
Ownership

1. 500
Helped to go back out and look at it. To bad the cables they ship with the winch are do short.

Reactions: Chooglin
R

rsttoole

Sep 22, 2018
Boise, id
Ownership

1. 500
They shouldn't be too short. Plenty of owners have used them by switching them around. There are several messages about installing these winches, for example: P500 - Ultimate Superwinch Installation Guide

I used the Superwinch mount that places the winch upside down with the electrical connections on the driver's side. The relay is on the passenger side up high in the upper corner near the windshield. Seems like the problem is with the superwinch mount. Wouldn't be an issue with the winch right side up with the connections on the passenger side. Other thoughts?

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Can you mount the relay closer? I mounted mine on the fender behind the front passenger wheel; it appeared to be a cleaner area than the "normal" location and still far from the ground.

R

rsttoole

Sep 22, 2018
Boise, id
Ownership

1. 500
Just ordered the KFI mount. I want the winch up higher for my plow and to use the shorter wires Thanks all. Can't wait to get it moved to our new house in the Idaho mountains.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!