P700 Surge in Speed

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is odd - Today while riding I noticed the speed flashed and the engine sounded sputtery. I then said Opps my seat belt- added it and it still did it. I didn't turn it off or on- is this normal? What does it mean?

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is odd - Today while riding I noticed the speed flashed and the engine sounded sputtery. I then said Opps my seat belt- added it and it still did it. I didn't turn it off or on- is this normal? What does it mean?
How old are you? Sure you weren't having hot flashes, HA!

Reactions: DAIII
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Likely you were in manual mode and hitting rev limiter. Neighbor did the same thing ....

If he’ll think about it, Smitty will know who I am talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tuco69
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Likely you were in manual mode and hitting rev limiter. Neighbor did the same thing ....

If he’ll think about it, Smitty will know who I am talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I do, wish they were my neighbors, had a blast with you and them at The Take Over!

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I've had that happen in my P500, I found it was the seatbelt limiter kicking in. I removed the magnet from the seatbelt receptable, 5 minutes, and it hasn't happened since. I got tired of unhooking the seatbelt and jamming it back in hoping it would work, it always did, but still a pain in the buttocks.... :)

Reactions: Smitty335
jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’ve hit the seatbelt limiter once where I had to shut off and restart the rig to get it running right

Reactions: Mudwing
DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes, that worked! has plenty of power again. (left them buckled) did I read right I can disassemble the buckle and remove something to avoid this issue? any write up?

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you’re in drive without your seatbelt on and put it on while rolling, it will bounce off the seatbelt limiter. Do what jinx said and restart to clear or just stop and shift to neutral with your belt on. As far as jumping the switch out, there is a thread about it. I also saw another thread about what happens when you don’t wear your seatbelt and have an accident. I wear my seatbelt every time I ride and won’t jump out the limiter.

Reactions: swsebek and lee
DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh awesome! I just pulled that magnet out- I use this rig on my property and ran down my long driveway at 11mph and it sputtered and freaked me out, especially if you followed my leaky coolant 'blue fluid' issue. I always use the seat belt (SXS and Vehicle) and NH is a no seatbelt, no helmet and nope you don't need car insurance! - but my brain won't remember the sequence of N before the buckle. I'm a buckle on the roll kind of person. HAHAHA

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Farmer and Mudwing
DFABane

DFABane

Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
My P500 will do that if I don't buckle up. I found that with mine I am forced to come to a stop, take it out of gear and take the belt off and then put it back on... Everything is fine then...

Reactions: swsebek and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!